durai

part 2- product form your country

Post by durai »

Describe something that is produced in your country

You should say:
what the product is
what it is used for *
how it is made *
and explain why your country produces this product.
Attachments
product_country.mp3
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: part 2- product form your country

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Durai,
Thank you for sharing about the sari manufacturing process in India. That was interesting to hear about.

Your vocabulary was sophisticated and technical throughout the speech. Some words I heard you say that were good were “extracting,” “woven,” and “textile.” One word, “pupating,” had me a bit confused. I know that it means for an insect to turn into a pupa, the next stage of its development, but I’m not sure that “pupating onto its cocoon” is right. You might use the word “into” instead of “onto” as it is changing “into” something else.

The organization of the speech was good in that it included examples, and you answered all of the questions. You were concise and to the point, but you provided details that give the listener just a bit more interesting information.

Your grammar was good, except for a few errors. For example, you said, “Womens wear them.” “Women” is already plural, and you cannot add an “s” to make it plural again. You also said “Silk saris (are produced) on a large quantity.” This is not correct as you want to say, “IN large quanities.” Additionally, you said, “My country produces this product because of many reasons.” This should be, “My country produces this product FOR many reasons.” Finally, at one point, you said, “weared,” when you meant “wore” in the past tense.

In general, I would suggest that you work on pronunciation as well. Your accent makes it difficult to understand you at times. You speak quickly, which is a good thing, but you talk so fast that it is hard to make out the words you say sometimes.

Best wishes as you practice!