Can anyone evaluate and correct my writing. Much appreciated

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Ieltscrazy

Can anyone evaluate and correct my writing. Much appreciated

Post by Ieltscrazy »

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors influences these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

In recent years, the popularity of news programs and articles in television and newspapers are on rise. Therefore, news editors have big responsibility in deciding what to present to a viewer or a reader.

To begin with, there are several factors which influences news editors to take decisions, in regards to what to publish or broadcast. The most significant one of them is the revenue. Many news corporations focus to publish news articles which persuades many news readers to buy a copy of it. Moreover, popular news medias receive more commercial advertisements from companies which helps to generate large revenue. The second important reason could be the uniqueness. A lot of television news programs cover stories and incidents which is not aired by any other television stations. This is done in a bid to be unique from others and to attract new viewers.

Meanwhile, it feels in a certain way that people are becoming habitual in hearing bad news. This is because almost every news medium covers articles on crimes, natural disasters, accidents and fatality with greater priority; most of them featured in headlines. Since news media these days share global contents, people get more acquainted with these unpleasant reports while watching or reading a news media. While some readers argue that more good contents need to be on news rather than unfavorable ones, I personally believe that it is a duty of news producers to deliver both pleasant and unpleasant news. The main reason behind my belief is that good news assists readers to be optimistic and bad news like accidents, crimes alerts the audiences to be safe from those incidents.

In conclusion, I believe that, regardless of different factors involved in deciding contents for news medias, news corporations should present true and legitimate facts to the public.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Can anyone evaluate and correct my writing. Much appreci

Post by Flick »

Ieltscrazy wrote:News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors influences these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

In recent years, the popularity of news programs and articles in television and newspapers has risen. Therefore, news editors have a big responsibility in deciding what to present to a viewer or a reader.

To begin with, there are several factors which influence news editors to make decisions in regards to what to publish or broadcast. The most significant one of them is revenue. Many news corporations focus on publishing news articles which persuade readers to buy a copy of their publication. Moreover, popular news media receive more commercial advertisements from companies which help to generate a larger revenue. The second important reason could be the uniqueness. A lot of television news programs cover stories and incidents which are not aired by any other television stations. This is done in a bid to stand out from others and to attract new viewers.

Meanwhile, it is becoming obvious that that people are becoming used to hearing bad news. This is because almost every news medium covers articles on crimes, natural disasters, accidents and fatalities with greater priority; most of them featured in headlines. Since news media these days share global contents, people get more acquainted with these unpleasant reports while watching or reading the news. While some readers argue that more good content need to be on the news rather than unfavorable ones, I personally believe that it is a duty of news producers to deliver both pleasant and unpleasant news. The main reason behind my belief is that good news assists readers to be optimistic and bad news like accidents and crimes educatethe audience to be safe from those incidents.

In conclusion, I believe that, regardless of different factors involved in deciding contents for news medias, news corporations should present true and legitimate facts to the public.
Ieltscrazy

Re: Can anyone evaluate and correct my writing. Much appreci

Post by Ieltscrazy »

Thanks
Flick
for the correction. Much appreciated. :)