sport.mp3
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: please check and grade

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Mohammed,
Thanks for sharing your ideas about sports! It sounds like you really enjoy them, which made listening to your speech more interesting. The more enthusiasm you have, the better it is for your listener.
Your pronunciation, overall, was fine. At one point, you said, “pick,” when you meant “peak.” Your fluency and rate of speech were good. You spoke in complete sentences with good intonation and phrasing. I heard sophisticated vocabulary words as well, such as “contact” and “authorities.”
Your main difficulties revolve around sentence structure and grammar, with a couple of vocabulary problems thrown in for fun:
-I’m going to talk about the sport – I am going to talk about sports. No THE.
-I was doing it roughly for three years. – I did it for roughly three years.
-took part several championships – took part IN several championships
-Your status of what? Why does it prevent sports? (This is not sentence structure or grammar, but it confused me.)
-Box – should be boxing
-I don’t go sport event. – I don’t go TO sporting events.
-I would like learn almost every kind of sport. –I would like TO learn almost every kind of sport. (Do you notice that you often forget the “to” in front of a verb when you need the infinitive form?)
-These are my top sports kinds I would like to learn. – These are my top choices of types of sports I would like to learn.
-I think Olympic games is one probably one of the . . .in the sports history. – I think the Olympic games ARE probably. . .in sports history. – No THE.
-no matter it’s the summer Olympic games. – no matter whether it’s the summer Olympic games. . .
-I think it should be continuing – I think they should be continued. (Olympic games)
Nice work, and I hope your exam goes well!