letter-job-apply

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

letter-job-apply

Post by allen_zhang »

Hi friends,
please help check this letter.

An international company has opened its new branch in your town. You are interested in working there. Write a letter to the human resources and say:
- What position are you interested in?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Ask for additional information about the company.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing with regard to an embedded software engineer potion which you advertised on the website http://www.findjob.com.

As I learned from your advertisement, you are opening a new R&D center in Hong Kong and you are recruiting a team leader for the embedded software department. I am quite interested about this offer as I have been longing for working for a big international company like yours. I believe I can learn a lot in a multi-national working environment. What is more important is that I found the job description and requirements match my qualification very well. I have a 6-year experience in embedded software development including 3 years as a team leader in ABC industry. I believe these experiences make me a competent candidate for this position. In addition, as mentioned in the job description, this job involves traveling overseas which is exactly the kind of job what I have expected.

I would also like to ask a question about the new branch R&D office. When is it supposed to be officially started?

My resume is enclosed and you can contact me anytime at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
Allen
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: letter-job-apply

Post by Flick »

allen_zhang wrote:
An international company has opened its new branch in your town. You are interested in working there. Write a letter to the human resources and say:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing with regard to an embedded software engineer position which you advertised on the website http://www.findjob.com.

As I learned from your advertisement, you are opening a new R&D center in Hong Kong and you are recruiting a team leader for the embedded software department. I am interested in this offer as I would like to work for a big international company like yours. I believe I can learn a lot in a multi-national working environment. Also, I believe my qualifications and experience are perfectly suited to the position. I have 6 years experience in embedded software development including 3 years as a team leader in ABC industry. You mention your experience but not your qualifications. Do you have any degrees or qualifications that the company would be interested in?) These experiences make me a competent candidate for this position. In addition, as mentioned in the job description, this job involves traveling overseas. I have a valid passport and few commitments to delay my departure. (<-- It is better to give the company reasons to hire you rather than what you expect.)

I would also like to ask a question about the new branch R&D office. When is it supposed to be officially started? (<-- Reword to: I am very interested in the new R&D branch and would like to know when the branch officially opens.)

Yours faithfully,
Allen
allen_zhang

Post by allen_zhang »

Thank you, Flick.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing with regard to an embedded software engineer position which you advertised on the website http://www.findjob.com.

As I learned from your advertisement, you are opening a new R&D center in Hong Kong and you are recruiting a team leader for the embedded software department. I am interested in this offer as I would like to work for a big international company like yours. I believe I can learn a lot in such a multi-national working environment. Also, I believe my qualifications and experience are perfectly suited to the position. I have a bachelor degree in Computer Engineering and 6 years experience in embedded software development including 3 years as a team leader in ABC industry. These experiences make me a competent candidate for this position. In addition, as mentioned in the job description, this job involves traveling overseas. I have a valid passport and few commitments to delay my departure.

I am very interested in the new R&D branch and would like to know when the branch officially opens.

Yours faithfully,
Allen
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Good changes on your experience and qualifications. It makes you sound confident and a good fit for the position. Well done! :)