Need feedback, please. Technology

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
minhtrum

Need feedback, please. Technology

Post by minhtrum »

Q: Research has shown that technology is having more influence on people‘s lifestyles than any other factors in our lives.
What do you consider to be the major influence?

Can you give me feedbeack on this essay? :D looking forward to your reply
Moreover, I partially don't get the question. "what do you consider to be the major influence". Can someone explain it to me.

It is undeniable that technology is rapidly developing nowadays. Some research suggest that technology is affecting our lives more than anything else. Personally, I express my concurrence with this idea.

To begin with, technology has undoubtedly bring enormous convenience to our lives. Thanks to the developments in means of transportation, goods can be conveyed not only faster but also in a much cheaper way. Furthermore, the Internet and mobile phones have enabled us to communicate more easily than ever before, thus, people can now send text messages or make a call to anyone around the globe. Additionally, we are capable of working and relaxing at various place due to the availability of portable devices such as laptops, tablets .A variety of programs on TV as well as the media provide also us with a lot of information and relaxation.

Technology, however, sometimes seems to be evading our social lives. Since the development of social network and e-mail, face-to-face conversations do appear to be replaced by text messages. Family and friend reunions are shifting into phone calls or video calls. An illustration of this is the fact that nowadays, people are not likely to talk to each other in public places. Instead, they use electronic devices privately for personal purposes. Moreover, online games attract many people, especially teenagers and impact their lifestyle negatively. Game addict has a high possibility to spend money for trivial items games they play. As there are many high-tech vehicle and tools, less physical activities are done. This has resulted in a dramatic rise in the rate of obesity.

In conclusion, it is an indisputable fact that technology is having more influence on our lifestyles than any other factors nowadays. Although it brings many benefits, technology has some drawbacks that should be taken in consideration.