Is IELTS exam is the same over the world

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Saleman

Is IELTS exam is the same over the world

Post by Saleman »

whomever had experience, is IELTS exame is similar in all countries and in the same day?? appreciate your answer guys.
atmahesh

Re: Is IELTS exam is the same over the world

Post by atmahesh »

let me throw some light on your question.

First, there are 2 exams --academic and general. Reading and task1- writing are different in both the exam. I think both academic and general exam have seperate copy of questions --Listening, Reading and writing. So the question arise, whether Academic exam is same in Australia, India or London?

Second, does speaking exam is same on same day? It is certainly difficult to find a person who have same exam in speaking in two countries on the same day. If you are lucky, you might get same questions which somebody have answered in other timezone on same day.

Hope this helps. Others, please chip in with your experience.
Saleman

Re: Is IELTS exam is the same over the world

Post by Saleman »

Thanks atmahesh for your feedback. i know the difference between Academic & General, my concern was whether the academic exame is similar in the same day all around the world or not. if any one can assure that please do. regarding speaking test I know it is not similar even is the single test centre itself as the speaking test taker will get different questions than the candidate who just finished the test before him/her.