Writing task2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kimiya66

Writing task2

Post by kimiya66 »

Hi
I am a new user in this web site and I am studying for Ielts on my own and I need to get 6.5. I have some writing but unfortunately I do not access any teacher to get feed back about it!!
Would you please look at this writing which I have written and get a feedback about it?
Thank you

Some people think newspaper is the most effective way to obtain information because it has more influence than other forms of media. Do you agree or disagree?
Newspaper is a kind of media which has always been used by people and it is the oldest medium to inform the latest news of the world. However, by developing new forms of media as TV and Internet, people have been more motivated to choose an alternative way to be informed about new events. Thus, it is disagreed with the idea that newspaper is the most effective form of media for the following reasons.
To begin with, people are more interested in visual media than reading some written words in a dull paper because visual media are more interactive as well as more accessible for all people of any age. Besides, it is more convenience to see television or listen to the radio than read such materials. To illustrate, when people release from their work or want to break, the easiest and most popular way to rest is to sit in their armchairs and turning on the set so they can hear about the most important news unconsciously but for reading newspaper they should have bought it before and it is also more time consuming activity. After analyzing the convenience and popularity of other media, it is not fair to insist on the influence of newspaper.
In addition, we all know that the Internet is a kind of device which has become prevalent and fashion these days and it is improved and developed to the needs of users every day. The Internet is available for everybody and they can use it everywhere from their work office to their homes and even public places for example when they are in taxi or shopping centers. The latest news are broadcast on the Internet immediately so users can become aware of events everywhere before they even arrive to their houses and turn on the radio or television and before buying newspapers. On the other hand, the Internet users obtain latest news before the news is written on the newspapers. Thus, by attending the speed of the Internet in broadcasting events, wise man would never prefer newspaper to it.
In conclusion, by the fact that there are other kinds of media which are more convenient and accessible than newspaper as well as their speed of publishing new events, the claim of considering newspaper as the most effective medium to inform information is rejected.