T2-online shopping

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

T2-online shopping

Post by allen_zhang »

Hi friends,
please evaluate my essay.
after finishing this piece, I found I probably made a mistake. The question is asking the advantages/disadvantages of the trend of online shopping. I just talked about the disadvantage of "online shopping" but not the "trend of online shopping". Will it be seen as off topic?

We are seeing a significant increase in online shopping today. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Give your own opinion and relevant examples.

It is true that online shopping has largely reshaped the landscape of the retail business nowadays. Just like any other new internet inventions, shopping on line has its pros and cons.

On the one hand, online shopping has its advantages in comparison with shopping in a store or supermarket. Firstly, making an order on a website with a few clicks makes our shopping much more convenient. For example, on http://www.taobao.com, the most popular online shopping platform in China, there are thousands of online shops and stores, from which shoppers can easily find what they want through an embedded search engine. Customer can also compare similar products provided by different shops and choose their desired ones. Some of these shops even provide free courier services for their clients. From this example, we can see how convenient online shopping could be. Secondly, products and goods sold online tend to be cheaper than that of stores and supermarkets. This is because online shop owners do not have to pay the shop rental and the salary of employees which is needed for a real shop.

On the other hand, there are also some concerns about online shopping. One of the major problems is that shoppers cannot touch and try the products before they receive them. What they get before making the order is just a few pictures of the products. This means shoppers may buy something which is not what they have expected. Another disadvantage of online shopping is that customers have to wait for the delivers. Shopping in a real store or supermarket means shoppers can take their shopping home immediately whereas online shoppers may need to wait for several days before the courier arrives.

To conclude, in comparison with the traditional shopping, online shopping is a more convenient and even cheaper option but it also has some disadvantages.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
candy07

Re: T2-online shopping

Post by candy07 »

Hi
I do not think this is off topic because the answer in both the cases will remain same . Well that's my opinion ... Let's see what others have to say about this
kyla

Online Shopping

Post by kyla »

All of issues has their own Advantage and Disadvantages ..
me as an ONLINE SHOPPER .I didn't see anything wrong with the Online Shopping Business.In fact it is very accessible, nowadays!

Have a look and i am sure you will definitely love the products here.

GOODS.PH ---> https://www.goods.ph/
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

Try to write introduction and conclusion in Ryan style.
Secondly, try to build cohesion between both body paragraphs.First sentence of first paragraph should like first sentence of second paragraph etc.
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
frugality9914

Post by frugality9914 »

I always prefer online shopping instead of visiting the store. So I am always looking for the best deals available online.
saving money with coupons