In many countries

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vivianlyl04

In many countries

Post by vivianlyl04 »

Qestion:
In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing, Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society.
Last edited by vivianlyl04 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivianlyl04

Re: Could anyone grade my General Task 2 essay and feedback

Post by vivianlyl04 »

Please.....
Johnson zhang

Post by Johnson zhang »

Qestion:
In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing, Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

These years, a remarkable issue that the number of the elderly is growing up gradually deserves more attention. As everything having both sides, this issue also has positive and negative impacts on our society. In this essay, I will argue the dual influences of the older people.
I reckon you try too hard! If you think it sounds strange to use a word you are not quite sure about how it fits in a sentence. well don't use it. e.g a remarkable issue? remarkable means great in a positive way. dual influences? i bet you cant find this phrase in the dict.

thesis
It has been predicted that our population is ageing with a highest portion of people ever replying on a pension.

To begin with , It will have a unfavorable compact to the economy , most part of the economy if the proportion of older people takes most part of the population. Because the development of economy relies on force labours , It is the young rather than the elderly is the future of a society or a country. If young labours can not continuously provided for the industries or economy, a country is more likely to stagnate, or even drawback. Thus, the prosperity of a society is depend on the young generation.

To begin with, a shrinkage of labour pool will hurt the economy, and with no previous experience from governments, it is a dire issue to deal with.

Besides, governments will afford more to take care the older people, the number of which has risen significantly. By this I mean governments will expend more money on the pension and welfare for those of retired. So that could be a heavy burden for the government, meanwhile the number of people who pay taxes are shrinking. I could imagine that the near future, the rate of tax would increase to solve the financial problem

Besides, the large number of pensioners could increase significantly a government's debts if not bankrupt it.

However, some positive results cannot be neglected, There would be plenty of job opportunities for the graduates because a great number of employees will retire, left a lot of tasks for the young staff. In addition, young people would not survive in a more competitive society especially facing the high unemployment rate currently.

Generally speaking, I think most people support the idea that we will benefit from an aging society. When seeing so many facilities caused by the ageing of population. But I cannot reverse the trend.. In favor of our lives and future, some strategies or laws should be on schedule for the government to deal with the ageing society.

Consequently, while there may be niche industries seeking the opportunity to profit from the service for the old, the consequence of an ageing population pose great threat to the economy and its stability. It is hoped that our governments will work out strategies even by the mean of amending laws to maintain a prosperity
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
vivianlyl04

Post by vivianlyl04 »

Thanks Johnson.