how to answer

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
durai

how to answer

Post by durai »

Some people think that the best way to reduce the traffic problems is to build more roads.
What do you think about that?

Well, they said the best way - building roads

I would say best way is improve public transport because building roads could be a short term solution. In the near future when population increases then , there won't be any space to build roads, so there should be something other than roads.

Is this is a possible answer to get correct task response ?
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
Ryan

Re: how to answer

Post by Ryan »

I think your approach looks good, Durai. The Task's instruction words are another way to phrase "do you agree or disagree", so you would need to pull together a comprehensive thesis in response to your position on building more roads. An idea would be to use the first supporting paragraph to outline why you do not agree with the statement. You could then transition from this to your suggested alternative in the second supporting paragraph.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Framing the ideas with tangible examples would also add weight to the essay. In the first supporting paragraph, I would look at a city that exemplifies the failures of building roads instead of public transit options (i.e. Ottawa, which has traffic issues despite its relatively small size and extensive road network). In the second, I'd think of a city that demonstrates a successful use of the suggested alternative (i.e. Dubai tackling traffic by beefing up public transit with its rail system and air-conditioned bus stops).
nileshmudgal

Post by nileshmudgal »

Thanks Ryan for such a prompt reply.....

If you are talking about some spelling mistakes in my earlier thread...I am sorry i was in hurry and was tyrping from office computers.

I have followed your startegy for that essay in which i have mentioned Thesis and Two points which i am going to explore in further paragraph.
But in the Paragraph i have not just followed your structure i have added solution to every factor in that particular paragraph. I have also given example and used alternate words in separate topic like For example, For instance ...

Only mistake i did in hurry was I started first Paragraph with To Begin with, and second paragraph i wrote Secondly, I think those are not correlated Cohesive words right?

I have also did Summary and REstatemnt of thesis plus recommendation.
I did Profreading as well, but I wrote a lot i think more that 350 words for which i took separate sheet to write conclusion. I have used many uncommon vocabulary as well.

Let me know your reply.

Thanks
Nilesh