Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
sravan

Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? writing

Post by sravan »

Hi Ryan,

Please find my writing task 2 and let me know the corrections and where I stand.

Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Freedom of speech in society is very important and everybody has the freedom to express their opinion and perspective, if he or she feel that they have positive ideas on the society. We have many revolution in Histories' which is linked to the Society and on freedom of speech. In these developed societies, speech plays an major role and it can led to many ideas and have impact on the philosophers and arguments' about the opinions of single opinion.

Given a speech in the society helps to understand their idea and nature of perceptions of an individual and also gives picture of their understand to what level and where he stands in the society with their opinions. Opinions and ideas give self assessing taught to individuals, what the society is exactly looking for and the individual would plan for speech before he speaks to general public in the society.

It is very important for individual to plan their speech and speak to the society which has the greater impacts on general public. Speech might have the positive or negative effects on general public. the speaker should give speech on positive purpose and well describe about the views and opinions about what is major idea behind the speech. there are negative sides on the speech which led to different ideology and opinion ultimately led to wars.

But the speech should be protected and limited in some cases where it will be misused by the terrorists and bad corrupted politics. speech is very powerful than any other weapon if we consider and it can leads to many unsettled arguments and also has the devastative nature in the society .

I would conclude the freedom of speech shouldn't be restricted to the positive idea behind the general opinion and it is very necessary for a society to give an opinion and perceptions of the individuals. which would know the behaviour and nature of the individuals which can co relate if the ideas are worthwhile and helps the society or general public. it may also have destructive impact only if the idea of speaker have the destructive nature.

Thanks and regards
Sravan.
Thanks and Regards
Sravan
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? writin

Post by Flick »

sravan wrote:
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Freedom of speech in society is very important and everybody has the freedom to express their opinion and perspective, if he or she feel that they have positive ideas for society. We have the example ofmany revolutions in history which are linked to society and freedom of speech. In these developed societies, speech plays a major role as it can led to many ideas and have an impact on philosophers and arguments' about the opinions of single opinion. (<-- This is confusing. 'the opinions of single opinion'. Do you mean 'the opinions on a single topic'? I don't understand.)

Given that speech in society helps to express the ideas and perceptions of an individual and also shows us a picture of where they stand in society with their opinions. Opinions and ideas teach individuals to become critical thinkers, understand how to behave in society and how to give a speech in public.

It is very important for an individual to plan their speech and speak to society in a way they will be able to relate. The speech might have the positive or negative effects on the general public. The speaker should give their speech on positive purposes and clearly express their views and opinions. There are negative sides to free speech which lead to different ideologies and can ultimately lead to war.

But free speech should be protected and limited in some cases where it will be misused by terrorists and bad corrupted politicians. Speech is more powerful than any other weapon, and it can lead to many unsettled arguments and also have a devastating effect on society .

I would conclude that freedom of speech shouldn't be restricted to positive ideas and it is very necessary for a society to listen to the opinions and perceptions of individuals. which would know the behaviour and nature of the individuals which can co relate if the ideas are worthwhile and helps the society or general public. it may also have destructive impact only if the idea of speaker have the destructive nature.(Your meaning is not very clear. The last two sentences do not make sense.)
Hi sravan

This is a good start, but some of your ideas are a bit jumbled. I think you have confused public speaking with freedom of speech. For example, I can talk to my friends about something and they may disagree with me, but that is ok. However, I am not going to stand up in a crowd and tell everyone my opinion.
Try to format your essay like this:
Introduce the topic and your opinion.
Discuss the benefits.
Discuss the disadvantages.
Make a conclusion and restate your opinion.

Keep up the good work!
Flick
sravan

Re: Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? writin

Post by sravan »

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the corrections, I will now have an idea to put the essay as discussed above.

Regards
Sravan
Thanks and Regards
Sravan