Hi, I really appreciate your comments. Many thanks.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
sumluck

Hi, I really appreciate your comments. Many thanks.

Post by sumluck »

Writing Task 1
You should spend 20 minutes on this task.
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.

Percentage on national consumer expenditure by category-2002

Country , Food/Drinks/Tobacco , Clothing/Footwear , Leisure/Education
Ireland , 28.91% , 6.43% , 2.21%
Italy ,16.36% , 9.00% ,3.20%
Spain , 18.80% , 6.51% , 1.98%
Sweden , 15.77% , 5.40% , 3.22%
Turkey , 32.14% , 6.63% , 4.35%

I could not copy the table as same as question paper, I hope you will understand, I have separate it with commas.

Answer:
The table illustrates the proportion of the money spent on various substances by Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Turkey in 2002. The title of the row includes the five countries and the tile of the column shows the various items: Food/Drinks/Tobacco, Clothing/Footwear and Leisure/Education.

Interestingly, the highest ratio of money was spent by Turkey on Food/Drinks/Tobacco approximately 32.14%. On the other hand, the lowest percentage of expenditure was made by Spain on leisure/Education about 1.98% -less than 30 times of Ireland expenditure on Food/Drinks/Tobacco. By analyzing the data, it can be clearly identify that all five nations consume food/Drinks/Tobacco in high ratio of more than 15% to nearly 33%. However, minimum percentages of expenditure were made in Leisure/Education, not exceeding 5% by five countries. Furthermore, Clothing/Education expenditure percentages were from just above 5 to 9 per cent.

In conclusion, higher ratio of money was invested on intake items rather than wearing items and leisure/education by all five given countries.