General training ielts test may 10th albania

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
arion

General training ielts test may 10th albania

Post by arion »

listening was about a villa house, what it offer us, about a map we must listen to find where was the shop, hotel, parking etc. it was a feedback about the classes.

writing
task one was about letter of complain.
you should write a letter to a manager about the problems that you have in sport club. you are join his club. why you are join? explain what happened. suggest any solution.
task 2 was about the companies that have increase their selling around the world. give advantages and disadvantages.

reading
it was about safety in companies, and invention of radio.

i have speaking at 20:50 by local time.

good luck all!
nav

Re: General training ielts test may 10th albania

Post by nav »

Hey I got the same questions yesterday on 10 May. :)
mhingz

Post by mhingz »

arion wrote:listening was about a villa house, what it offer us, about a map we must listen to find where was the shop, hotel, parking etc. it was a feedback about the classes.

writing
you should write a letter to a manager about the problems that you have in sport club. you are join his club. why you are join? explain what happened. suggest any solution.
task 2 was about the companies that have increase their selling around the world. give advantages and disadvantages.

reading

good luck all!
We have similar question here in Al ain (may 10, 2014)
But in the writing task 2, i think they used the word "product" instead of "selling"

As for the speaking, on the first part we were talking about work related topics, what is my opinion on multi-tasking, why some people have high salary compensation and the competition on the job market.

On the 2nd part, my cue card asked on a person I knew which has an interesting job.

On the last part, the examiner ask about my opinion on celebrating birthday,where i prefer to live in relation to weather, my opinion on working outside the country.
i didn't take notes on the question so my information may not be 100% accurate.
04/10/2010 - Listening 7.0, Reading 5.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.0
10/26/2013 - Listening 6.0, Reading 5.0, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5
10/05/2014 - Listening 7.5, Reading 7.0, Writing 7.0, Speaking 7.5
nav

Post by nav »

Can u plz tell me what were ur main ideas for the essay?? Actually I m in doubt related to my essay.
mhingz

Post by mhingz »

nav wrote:Can u plz tell me what were ur main ideas for the essay?? Actually I m in doubt related to my essay.
for task 1.. it was straight forward.. i just wrote that they have cracks on the flooring so they need to fix the court and provide alternative courts to use while they are fixing the damage one.
As for task two..
The question is the disadvantage or advantage, thus I composed the essay as an argument type and I sided with the advantage. Reasons are
1.) consumer will have a lot of options in selecting different products which can result to competition between companies and this can benefit the consumer.
2.) Since companies will compete, they will improve their product in order to keep up, particularly products nowadays are more focused on energy saving or environment friendly output.
I can’t guarantee if the idea will sell the interest of the examiner but I just make sure that the structure, grammar etc are in place.
nav

Post by nav »

mhingz

Post by mhingz »

nav wrote:Thanks :)
how about yours Nav? how did you approach the question?
nav

Post by nav »

Actually in hurry I attempted essay wrong and wrote about advantages of increased companies. :o :( now m sure that I will get 5 bands :( :cry:
aadyl1980

Post by aadyl1980 »

Hi All,

I wrote the IELTS on 10th May (General Training) and I am also thinking I screwed up the essay.

I wrote about how it is helping countries across the world develop their economy by selling their products across the world.

Instead of focusing on advantages of companies selling their products I emphasized on advantages borne by developing countries because of international trade.

How countries like India and China have developed by selling their products across the world by maintaining low production and labour costs.

Disadvantages :Frequent business among countries for selling their products can also give way to illegal immigration,where people visit other countries on pretext of selling their goods/products and settling illegally.

I Know I have messed up badly but just hoping the examiner gives me 7 for flow of essay,format,grammar and usage of varied words.

Aadyl
mhingz

Post by mhingz »

for one thing, you can approach the question as a discussion essay stating both the advantage and disadvantage. For me, i picked on the argument essay so i will illustrate only on the one side.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

arion wrote:listening was about a villa house, what it offer us, about a map we must listen to find where was the shop, hotel, parking etc. it was a feedback about the classes.

writing

reading

good luck all!
Thank you very much for sharing this, Arion. :)