part 1 contact with people.mp3
(4.29 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: grade it please

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Neha,

Your speaking is quite fluent in general. You do not struggle with speaking speed or fillers like, “um” or “uh.” Your pronunciation is clear, for the most part, to a native speaker, although there are a couple of times when it can be somewhat difficult to understand you. This, however, occurs rarely. One word that you struggled with pronouncing correctly was “colleagues.” This was more a matter of syllable stress than a pronunciation problem. You said, “collEAGUES,” but it is usually pronounced “COLLeagues.” Please note that I am speaking from the point of view of the American accent, and I don’t know how it is said in Australia.

The overall organization of your speech is good. You used some transitions, like, “additionally.” I would encourage you to use more transitions and connectors to link your ideas even more fluently. For example, when you discussed the merits and disadvantages of different ideas, you could have used phrases like, “on the other hand,” “in contrast to,” “by comparison,” etc. to highlight that you were discussing two or more different ideas.

Your vocabulary is good, but I did not hear as many specific, higher-level vocabulary words as I would think I would hear with someone of your fluency. I did hear some higher-level words, like “conventional” and “maintain.” You had a bit of trouble with finding the right way to express higher-level vocabulary at times as well. For example, you said, “modernized technologies,” and, while this is acceptable, it would have been more common for you to say, “types of modern technology” as we usually do not pluralize “technology.”

You repeated words and phrases a lot, like “that kinds of things,” which, by the way, should be “those kinds of things.” You also repeated “most easiest” a couple of times, which should be “the easiest.”

Grammar is an area to work on some. You said, “I usually contact with my friends by,” but the correct way to say this would be without “with.” This should be, “I usually contact my friends by. . .” In addition, you said, “We are not having the same relationship with everyone,” but this should be, “We do not have the same relationship with everyone” as it is an ongoing condition in the present, not a temporary state, as the present progressive tense (is/are + base form of verb–ING) would indicate. You also said, “by just call them,” and this should be “by just calling them,” using the gerund form of “call” to make it a noun. Finally, you said, “and those people which are,” and it is better to use “who” instead of “which” or “that” when you refer to people.

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
neha

Post by neha »

thanks fir your suggestions . Please tell the band for it
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Neha. I am not an IELTS examiner, so I cannot say the band. However, you can look at the public ban descriptors here: https://www.teachers.cambridgeesol.org/ ... iptors.pdf .