pls help - task2-shopping is becoming a free-time activity

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls help - task2-shopping is becoming a free-time activity

Post by rairaichan0323 »

In many places shopping is becoming a free-time activity, replacing the traditional hobbies of the past. Discuss the reasons for this development. Is this development positive or negative?

In the present age, it seems that more people tend to do shopping as a kind of hobby instead of the conventional activities. Yet, there remains some argument just as whether the overall effect of this tendency has been positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, it is agreed that that the drawbacks of shopping acting as leisure activity far outweigh its benefits. In this essay, I will intend to explain a reason for this development and why it has a negative impact to the human being.

Chief among the causes of this development is technology innovation that allows customers to do the shopping in anywhere at any time. For instance, a consumer can easily do shopping in the shopping mall, by the phone or even on the internet. Thus, it is considerably convenient for the city-dwellers with a fast-paced way of life. As this shows, the state-of–the-art technology has changed individuals’ habits and it is the reason why shopping is becoming a hobby.

This new leisure activity has brought a negative impact to the society as it can create alienation problem among family members. To illustrate, an individual spend too much time on shopping rather than relating family. This makes it clear that this free-time activity can undermine family ties. It is obvious from this that this new activity has a detrimental influence upon the humankind.

In conclusion, I once again reconfirm my position that the shopping is growing into be a leisure activity is a bad development. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for individuals to spend more time with your family rather than shopping.