Please, evaluate my essay. Task 2-Languages

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
biancarpin

Please, evaluate my essay. Task 2-Languages

Post by biancarpin »

Every year, several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

A bunch of people defend that the disappearance of a few languages is better than its survival. Conversely, there are some arguments that can contradict this opinion. In my point of view, languages shall resist through time due to the fact that they are important to world’s diversity.

Above all, languages mean culture. Hence, if some of them are lost, there is a loss of civilization’s habits and customs as well. In other words, if a language dies out, a whole package of a group’s living styles also dies with it. As an illustration, it can be said that the exclusion of latim from people’s daily lives might represent a loss of a great culture.

Meanwhile, some individuals reckon that the dying out of a few languages is particularly interesting. From their point of view, it would make communication among people easier. Nonetheless, this is a not a strong argument. To overwhelm this opinion, it can be said that not only cultures would disappear, but also the variety of particular accents and linguistic expressions would be loss in the case of languages dying out.

To summarize, languages must survive through time in order not to the world’s diversity disappear. As a matter of fact, languages represent culture and variety. Therefore, if human being desires a multiple world, people shall fight for maintaining various languages.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please, evaluate my essay. Task 2-Languages

Post by Flick »

biancarpin wrote:Every year, several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

A bunch of people defend their belief that the disappearance of a few languages is better than the language's survival. Conversely, there are some who argue the opposite. In my point of view, languages should resist dying out due to the fact that they are important for the world’s diversity.

Above all, languages mean culture. Hence, if some of them are lost, there is a loss of civilization’s habits and customs. In other words, if a language dies out, a whole section of a group’s living style also dies with it. As an illustration, it can be said that the exclusion of Latin from people’s daily lives might represent the loss of a great culture.

Meanwhile, some individuals believe (<-- 'reckon' is too casual for an essay.) that the loss of a few languages is not particularly important. From their point of view, it would make communication among people easier. Nonetheless, this is a not a strong argument. On the contrary, it can be said that not only would certain cultures disappear, but also the variety of accents and linguistic expressions would be lost. (<-- I like that you mention accents and expressions. Can you think of an example to include?)

To summarize, languages must survive in order to prevent the world’s diversity from disappearing. As a matter of fact, languages represent culture and variety. Therefore, if human beings desire a diverse and multi-cultural world, people should fight to maintain various languages.