Comment on my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Ashwin

Comment on my essay

Post by Ashwin »

Do you think film and sports stars are paid too much money? Give
your opinion, and your reasons for having that opinion.

Agree or Disagree..?

It is true that film and sports stars are paid heavily. We read in the newspaper,
magazines that certain sportsperson or film star has been paid hefty amount for their
performances. Is it too much ? In this decade where problems such as poverty, malnutrition,
unemployment is to be overcome, yes , it is too much. On the whole, however, I do agree
that a lot of money is being spent on film and sport stars.

In this glamorous world where media dominates in every aspects of society, they had created
such a hype and images of stars. This stars indirectly get paid from people. We rush to the
multiplexes or sportscentre when new movie is released or any new sports tournament starts.
We want entertainment in our lives and we people are always ready to pay. But, Is it really
necessary ? I don't think we need to spend such a massive money only for entertainment.

Money which is spent on stars should be used for other purposes. In recent days Real Madrid
spent around 100 million euros to buy a player. Taking into account the current economic
condition of Spain this money should be used for creating jobs and fulfilling basic needs
of people which will help in improving overall growth of country.In our country also vast
amount of money is spent in tournament like IPL even though country is struggling in various
areas. I think we should concentrate on removing malice of poverty, illiteracy , inferior
living standard instead of paying fees of celebrities. We know that this stars are highly
talented and they are hard working, but amount of money tag on them is inappropriate. There
should be an balance in society otherwise rich will keep on growing rich and poor will not
get a fair value for their talent.

It is true that money has spoiled film and sport professional to some extent. But their salaries
are absurdly high. I am not sure that someone playing football is really worth 100 million euros.
They do serve as a incentive to us but that is completely a different topic.In general,this
stars do deserve their sum but not in a such a staggering amount, nowadays spent on them.
Ryan

Re: Comment on my essay

Post by Ryan »

Hi Ashwin,

You use a lot of very personal language in your essay (i.e. we, our, I). This makes your essay read like a letter. The examiner would not appreciate the lack of academic tone.

There are also several grammatical issues. Plural use is an area in need of improvement.

I think the examiner would be quick to gauge this lower than band 6. Simply changing the tone and shortening the sentences (which should indirectly improve grammar) will immediately give the essay a more polished feel.
bunni015

Re: Comment on my essay

Post by bunni015 »

Hi Ryan, can you comment on below essay, at a high level

Total words 299: Google Drive Document Count

Films and Sports are best contributors towards entertainment, fun factors. Hence, celebrities who belong to these industries are adored. Observing this nature, business firms started inviting them to launch and promote their products and becoming a brand ambassador. Because of this craziness and holding a role of brand ambassador, these stars are in vantage for making a good huge amount of money.On this context, let’s understand how these high class citizens are making money.

The adept Cricket player is the one who can make millions of money within a very short time span. For instance,Cricket is the only sport in India in which a player can be paid millions of rupees. Within, the time period of his career, roughly 10 years, he gets paid by various organizations, and product-based companies for promoting their products. Although, player gets paid by the Cricket Board BCCI, he has several ways to generate and get paid huge amounts of money.Thus, it can be comprehended that sport stars are paid with abundant amount of money.

On the other hand, Film stars take the advantage of their fan following to decide how much they need to be paid? For example, an Indian actor, xyz is one of the most respected and lovable celebrities in Indian Cinema Industry; also by the cinema lovers. He gets exponential of payment based on the overall money the film made in Abc state.Clearly, these stars are contributing towards movie industry and at the same time making huge amount of money.

Finally, to compendious, these stars are drawing good amount of money from all possible ways they can find, by promoting, taking advantage of their appearance and fan following. If this continues, then these star names can be seen in top 10 richest people in the world.

Regards
Bunni