My essay about "Young people who commit crimes." for this June. Thanks Ryan

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
IELTSfriend
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

My essay about "Young people who commit crimes." for this June. Thanks Ryan

Post by IELTSfriend »

Young people who commit crimes should be treated the same as adults by the authorities.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
-----------------------------------------------------
It is sometimes argued that young delinquents should be received the same sentence as fully-grown one. In my opinion, it would be wrong to enforce any inappropriate punishment to a minor and treating them like adults would result in nothing but more criminal acts.
To begin with, young people are less mature with their manners. Unlike a mature man who decides wisely, the youth are not fully aware of the repercussions of their misdeeds and lack the competency level to comprehend all the rules and laws. Hence, imposing adult level punishments would not give them a chance to change, as a result, they continue to be criminals even after growing into adults. Furthermore, convictions have a significant impact on a teenager's development. They may suffer from the indifference and discrimination of their surroundings, making reintegration into the community difficult. Plus, former young offenders will have difficulty in finding a job in future, which will adversely affect the whole of their lives and lead to them returning to the unlawful road.
As an alternative, I believe the government should prioritise the method of juvenile rehabilitation. Youngster should be educated that what they do may have a significant influence on their life, and that they must always consider the consequences before acting. As a result, this will not only deter them from re-offending, but also give them a better and brighter future.
In conclusion, younger children should be handled differently from grown-ups and given the opportunity to learn from and reconsider their mistakes.