need guidance for canadian immigration

Are you taking the IELTS for immigration purposes? Discussions on this topic are held here.
aishabashir91

need guidance for canadian immigration

Post by aishabashir91 »

hi,
i am from pakistan and i wanted to move to canada.
i am 26 year old n have done my masters in management sciences.
i m not sure whether to go for study or directly for immigration. study procedures of canada are way too tough and expensive as well.
i need guidance in this regard.
mariam

Re: need guidance for canadian immigration

Post by mariam »

Hi Aisha, I am also planning to go to Canada and also seek this information. Which is best: go as a student or go through the PR process from my home country?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Mariam,

I will preface this by declaring that I am not an immigration consultant, and I invite any accredited immigration consultant to critique/correct the below advice.

Having worked with many people over the years who aspire to attain Canadian Permanent Residency (PR), I've found that going to Canada as a student and applying for Canadian PR from within Canada is beneficial for a few different reasons. For one, it can accelerate the PR application process considerably. A non-Canadian member of my family who applied from within Canada received their PR in half the time it would have taken had they applied from abroad. Secondly, completing your post-secondary education in Canada will provide you with valuable onramps to career options. Universities and colleges often host job fairs with exclusive access given to their students only. Additionally, there are often options to complete on-site internships as part of your education, which can help you launch a career right after graduation. Thirdly, after your application to PR is received, you may be eligible to receive a work permit and you can start filing taxes in Canada. This of course opens you up to receiving publicly funded social services after your PR is issued. For example, PR holders that have filed taxes would have access to assistance programmes such as the Canada Child Benefit programme (CCB). Fourthly, just living in Canada while you apply will allow you collect documentation (i.e. a provincial face card and tenancy agreement or other documentation of your residence within Canada) that can be helpful to establishing other forms of support, such as a line of credit from a bank.

Those are just a few items off the top of my head. Everyone's situation is different, so it's of course important to do your homework before choosing the path that fits you best. Good luck!
CharlieChan
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Post by CharlieChan »

Thank you for this information!