My essay for this March. Thanks Ryan

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
IELTSfriend
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

My essay for this March. Thanks Ryan

Post by IELTSfriend »

The world is heavily dependent on oil for energy. Do you think a future resource will take oil’s place? Why do you think this?
—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humanity’s reliance on oil for energy has reached levels never seen before in history. From my perspective, we will still use this source of energy but to a limited extent due to its environmentally detrimental effects, and there will be a tendency to opt for several alternative resources such as renewables and nuclear power.

Firstly, our overdependence on oil in our everyday lives poses serious threats to our environment. For instance, crude oil plays a crucial role in producing petrol which powers motorised vehicles. Collective car exhaust has now dissolved the ozone and raised temperatures so much that certain coastal cities and nations are at risk of vanishing. The fossil fuel combustion to generate heat and electricity can also release toxic chemicals into the atmosphere. However, despite these disadvantages of oil usage, it will not be replaced completely in the future because of its availability and affordability.

At the same time, renewable and nuclear energy can be future sources of power because they are sustainable and environmentally friendly. For example, wind, water and solar energy can be substituted to generate electricity and heat. Nowadays, an increasing number of people opt for electric cars instead of petrol-powered vehicles because people have become more environmentally conscious in recent years. Moreover, in spite of the devastating disasters it may cause, nuclear energy is a zero-emission clean source so some nations are investing in building nuclear plants to produce electricity.

In conclusion, limits will be put on oil use due to the environment-related problems it has caused. In the future, renewable and nuclear energy might overtake oil as the main sources of power.

(269 words)
Ryan

Re: My essay for this March. Thanks Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi IELTSfriend,

Attached are my thoughts. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ryan
Attachments
IELTSfriend March 2023.pdf
(38.65 KiB) Downloaded 230 times