please evaluate my essay_2 July and provide feedback. Thank you

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nadia0012

please evaluate my essay_2 July and provide feedback. Thank you

Post by nadia0012 »

In order to be successful in sport, some people think you have to be physically strong. Others say that mental strength is more important.

Some people believe that sports is determined by the physical strength of the sportsman while others are sure that mental strength is a more important factor of sports achievements. In my opinion, physical stamina is more crucial than mental.

On the one hand, mental strength determines the athlete’s condition and their performance. Sportsmen should be concentrated on their goals and their strong minds will keep the body going. For example, during sports games players must be able to play without desponding when their opponents perform better. If they lose heart and become discouraged their performance will become worse and it will be highly likely to lose the game.

On the other hand, muscular strength is even more crucial for sportsmen success. Physical sport requires enormous powerful muscles, stamina and flexibility. For instance, in figure skating a skater should be able to perform for 10 minutes in tension. They have to skate, jump, spin and all of these activities are performed by their bodies on the ice. Without a strong heart, lungs, limbs and the body they cannot complete jumps and spins successfully. Obviously, mental health will help them stay focused without feeling unconfident and weak than strong competitors, however, only mental stability does not result in winning the competition.

In conclusion, sportsmen need both physical and mental health to be successful in sports games and competitions, however, in athletic events physical strength is more important than mental health because the best achievements depend on a sportsperson’s capability of performing relentlessly for the whole duration of the competition.