Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
habibka

Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post by habibka »

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

There is always a debate between elderly and youth people over has life became easier or harder. Personally, I believe that life is more comfortable nowadays compared to the childhood of my grandparents. In this essay I will support my opinion with reasons and examples.

First, water is one of the most essential needs of our life and how we access to that has changed dramatically over the last century. For example, when my grandmother was a child there were no water distribution system, so she had to plod to and fro between home and river while carrying heavy buckets of water. In contrast, nowadays I just turn on the faucet and I have access to rather limitless source of water. Besides, warming the water was another problem as they had to warm it in a pot on the fire. I can’t even imagine to live like that it must’ve been too difficult.

Second, another important and neccessary thing in our life is energy. From the very first day that I can remember I had access to electricity and gas with which we can easily cook and warm our houses, but my grandparents didn’t have access to these sources of energies, so instead they used to ignite wood and charcoals for cooking and warming the house. Unfortunetly, the houses didn’t have proper chimneys so they were always full of smoke and soot. There is no doubt that cooking in that way is not easy and our current sources of energies have made our life much more easier.

To sum up, when my grandparents were children accessing to clean water and sources of energies were too difficult that make me believe that life today is more comfortable.