Writing task 1 - GT - band score pls :)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
paperheart

Writing task 1 - GT - band score pls :)

Post by paperheart »

Write a letter to a recruiting agency about a company of interest. In your letter
- Explain why you’re interested in that company
- Why you are choosing an international location

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing in regard to a company that has been advertised on your recruitment agency website. The company is called Columbus LLP which specialized in consulting services.

I am interested in this company because it is one of the largest consulting firms in Europe, whereby they have approximately of 35 branches scattered within Europe. Also, their client portfolio is relatively huge whereby it ranges from small medium enterprises to international based companies. With this, I believe it would help me to gain technical and interpersonal skills.

Apart from this, I intend to work in the headquarter which is located in city centre in London. This is because I am familiar with the city as I had spent several years living in that area.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,
Andy
yhjsaber

Re: Writing task 1 - GT - band score pls :)

Post by yhjsaber »

I would say this letter could probably exceed band 7, I have modified it for your reference

Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing to express my interest in a company that has been advertised on your recruiting website. For your reference, the company is referred to as Columbus LLP which is specialized in providing consulting services.

I am interested in this company because it is one of the largest consulting firms in Europe, with approximately 35 subsidiaries scattering in this region. In addition, the consulting services provided by this corporation cover almost all kinds of businesses, ranging from small and medium enterprises to international based organizations. With such scale of economy, I would feel extremely hard to deny the attraction of the great opportunities I could have if I were to be granted a position at Columbus LLP.

Apart from this, if I had the honour to be recruited, I would prefer to work at its headquarter which is located in central London. This is because I am quite familiar with the region within the vicinity of the company, given that I have lived in London for several years.

Thank you for taking time to consider my expression of interest and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest response.
Yours sincerely,
Andy
jeetchauhan

Re: Writing task 1 - GT - band score pls :)

Post by jeetchauhan »

I tried for one letter as below,

Subject line: New job requisition from [Company name] / New open role ; [job title]

Dear sir / mam,

As discussed, we’d like to hire a new [Job title] for our [department]. We’re looking for a professional with at least [4] years of relevant work experience with expertise in [Field] who’ll be able to [Applications]. This is a [full time] position and the salary range is [Y-Z]. Attached you’ll find the detailed job description you can use to advertise the job and source candidates.

Any time I got a letter or call like this, i immediately contacted the person and we worked through what the jobs and job titles would be. The recruiter will be happy to help you through the process with no more information than this at the beginning.

Feel free to reach out if you need me to clarify the qualification criteria or the scope of responsibilities.