PLEASE ASSESS MY IELTS TASK 2 ACADEMIC WRITING

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
AIBCSHAFIQUE

PLEASE ASSESS MY IELTS TASK 2 ACADEMIC WRITING

Post by AIBCSHAFIQUE »

Many people think living in a city is far more convenient than living in a village or countryside. Give relevant examples and opinion too.

Today, an often contested subject for people is to decide whether to live in a city or in a village. Many argue that living in a city is far more beneficial and convenient compared to living in a village. On the other hand, this intriguing idea is refuted by others. This essay will analyse both sides prior to coming to a reasoned conclusion.
Firstly, many people believe that city life facilitates the lives of people. In addition, there is an abundance of opportunity in terms of making one’s life more relaxed. It is also said that people who are living in cities are more prosperous and more educated as compared to those who are in villages. For instance, a friend of mine who is living in a big city is far better than me in terms of education, money and career. Therefore, this example clearly indicates that living in cities provides better opportunities to make life better. However, it is hard to avoid the plethora of problems, stress and pollution. There is a fair amount of evidence to suggest that pollution and hectic schedules can significantly affect the health of the inhabitants of a city.
Secondly, on the other hand, living in a village has its own advantages. Many people hold the idea that living in a village is less stressful and has more sense of community. As an illustration, a village is not as big and as a result everybody knows everyone. That is why, you feel sense of community and one can easily get to know each other’s circumstances. In addition, people can find it easier to stand by in the events of unavoidable circumstance. That is why, this idea has garnered a lot of support and thus hard to debunk the importance of living in a country side.
After looking both sides of this discussion my personal sentiments are on par with the idea that village life has more plus points compared to living in a city. Even though, city life gives you more opportunities in terms of education and prosperity which is inevitable to combat the modern life challenges, village life is stress free and a far healthier environment which to me is the more important factor.