Task 2 employers contacting

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
alnour

Task 2 employers contacting

Post by alnour »

Some employers want to be able to contact their staff at all times, even on holidays.
Does this development have more disadvantages than advantages?

MY response:

Some supervisors wish to have the ability of contacting there employees at any time , even on holidays. In my opinion,this development have more positive outcomes than it is negative ramifications .

On the one hand, employers being able to address their workers all the time is advantageous , and I agree . Productivity will be markedly increased . This is because they could maintain organized service delivery to customers , and assure coverage in the emergency situations. For example , at the supermarkets , presence of two cashiers in every shift would boost up the money collection from buyers . Moreover , if any unexpected death of a relative or sickness of one member of the staff , the manager could easily diagnose and treat the situation on short notice. This shows us the usefulness of such an employer - employee relationship.

On the other hand , there are disadvantages to such approach. The employee will have less leisure and family time leading to unpleasant outcomes for the worker and their family. To illustrate, they would be in a continuous stress owing to the fact that they might be asked to cover at any time . Mostly evident in the medical field , where doctors and nurses might be requested especially when covering an on call night shift . Consequently, this has led to statistical rise of psychological and cardiovascular diseases among this part of the population. However , this could be managed by using the scheme in only the top emergency situations . Thus although this method has it's downside , it is very beneficial.

In conclusion, the disadvantages of having permanent contact with the job superior is evident , but managing them could vigorously increase the productivity. In the future , I believe their would be more researches to guide this , minimizing the negatives.