General Task 1 - pls help me to assess it, thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dothihiep

General Task 1 - pls help me to assess it, thanks

Post by dothihiep »

One of your friends recently had a birthday celebration, but you missed it and you forgot to tell your friend that you couldn't attend.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- apologise for missing the birthday celebration
- explain why you missed it and why you didn't tell your friend
- and say what you would like to do to show that your are sorry

Dear Mary,

I felt terribly sorry for my absence on your birthday last Friday, and that was such a disappointment that I didn't inform you beforehand.

I found myself in this unpleasant situation for a reason. The truth is that my grandma suddenly became sick and she was sent to the hospital, just 1 day before your anniversary. Perhaps, you can imagine my worries, thus, I couldn't think of anything else at that time except staying by her side. Eventually, I forgot to call you that I couldn't make it last Friday night.

I really hope that you can forgive me for being so thoughtless and I blamed myself a lot before writing to you. So, please let me make it up to you by inviting you to a live concert of our favourite singer this Saturday evening at 8 p.m. I bought the tickets already and I look forward to seeing you on that day.

With love,