Some people say that it is possible to tell a lot about a person's culture and character from their choice of clothes.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
puneetsachdeva85

Some people say that it is possible to tell a lot about a person's culture and character from their choice of clothes.

Post by puneetsachdeva85 »

It is believed by some individuals that behaviour, tradition and culture can be judged by what a man or a woman wears. Though, this argument could be true, but, lets ponder upon the points made in this essay to check if it is actually possible or not.

To embark upon, it is a very well known fact that people of every country in this world follow a particular style of dressing up. Surprisingly, the clothing style changes from state to state for few countries. If we see a man.woman wearing a formal dress which includes a shirt and a trouser, then, it is easy to guess that they are the followers of western culture or traditions. For example, in Europe it is not difficult to distinguish if an individual is from Bavaria or not. Bavarians usually dress up in a piece of cloth made out of leather famously known as Lederhose. The dress is accompanied with a checked shirt, a hat and a very distinctive looking shoes specially designed for walking in the snow. The moment you lay eyes on them, it is easy to guess that they are followers of Bavarian/Tyrolean/Austrian culture and would have characteristics of a hunter.

On the other hand, if we look at the metro cities across the glove, every individual follows a fashion that is inspired by the west. It is not easy to make out whether they belong to a particular community and judging their behavior seems a difficult task. It is only possible to ascertain, amusingly enough, by the way they interact with other people. For example, when I first met my best friend in the year 2000, I could not tell by his clothes that we both share the same culture. It was only after when I went to his residence and interacted with him & his parents, I came to know that our native towns are same and, to my utter surprise, we are common many aspects: likes, dislikes, religion, community and history too.

So, based on arguments put forward in this essay, I somewhat disagree that an individuals' characteristics & cultural ethics can be adjudged on the basis of how he/she dresses up.