please rate following writing task: Ravin

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ravisajan

please rate following writing task: Ravin

Post by ravisajan »

You took your family to a nearby restaurant. You were disappointed with the meal and wish to complain to the manager.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. In your letter

» explain why you were at the restaurant
» describe the problems
» write about the action you want the manager to take

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Ryan. I have been to your restaurant “Isabella” last week, along with my wife, to celebrate our fifth month anniversary. Since I am a regular customer of your restaurant, so I thought of celebrating here. However, I regretted coming here in the end. Therefore, I am writing this letter to complain about the taste of the food and few other things that bothered me that evening.

I had booked a double occupancy table on the balcony, four days in prior, with strict instructions about the peaceful environment, to celebrate the anniversary. It was supposed to be a memorable moment, but it came out as a complete disappointment.

Firstly, despite my request for a peaceful place, our table was booked alongside a family with two children. I made a request to your staff for changing our table, and after half an hour, we had given a table by the corner, that was gloomy. After that, we ordered a Mushroom Pastel Prawn. To our utter dismay, the dish tasted as if it was stale and the waiter ignored our complaint.

I demand the full return on my money and want that you take strict action against the waiter who had not given an ear to our concern.

I will look forward to your immediate response to this matter.

Yours sincerely,
Ryan Lego
Mark IELTS

Re: please rate following writing task: Ravin

Post by Mark IELTS »

Hello!

This is a very good letter. You have covered all the points required and provided some good development. You have used some very good and specific vocabulary and collocations (regular customer, strict instructions, complete disappointment, gloomy, utter dismay). The grammar is generally good, but there are some mistakes. However, meaning is not affected.

Well done!
All the best,
Mark