Paper based Vs computer based

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
rafael

Paper based Vs computer based

Post by rafael »

Hey guys,

I think it would be better to take the writing test on a computer rather than writing the letter/essay on a paper.
What do you guys think in regards to this? Also, is it right that most of the exam centers dont have the facility to conduct the exam on a computer?

Cheers,
Raff
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Paper based Vs computer based

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

rafael wrote:Hey guys,

I think it would be better to take the writing test on a computer rather than writing the letter/essay on a paper.
What do you guys think in regards to this? Also, is it right that most of the exam centers dont have the facility to conduct the exam on a computer?

Cheers,
Raff
One of my students took the IELTS with an offline school and got 6 - they studied with me for about a month, where I advised them a lot on their handwriting and they got 8 - so I try to always recommend students to have clear handwriting: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/en/ ... andwriting".

I cannot remember exactly, however may have seen something a year ago etc. back about the IELTS maybe going to be also for computers some time - not sure that has happened yet anywhere.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
rafael

Post by rafael »

has anyone taken the computer based test ? i cat find any info. regarding this on the official website.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

rafael wrote:has anyone taken the computer based test ? i cat find any info. regarding this on the official website.
I just saw this page: "http://www.ielts-mentor.com/cb-ielts".

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Just sent IELTS this email re: computer-based IELTS exams and have also made an information page about it on my free site: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/en/ ... s-cb-ielts":

"Hello,

I saw on this site: "http://www.ielts-mentor.com/cb-ielts" that a computer-based IELTS test is available - which locations is it currently available and where is it planned to be in future and from when?

Thank you,

Philip"

IELTS IDP INDIA

Post by IELTS IDP INDIA »

If you are taking the IELTS for the purposes of getting a visa through UK immigration, you might be able to take the IELTS on a computer. People applying for United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) can take a computer based IELTS… sometimes.

If you are a UKVI candidate who needs to take the Academic IELTS (rather than the general training IELTS), there are computer-based options. However, these options are only available in a select number of countries. UKVI applicants can take IELTS on a computer in the following countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, Vietnam, the UAE and the UK.

This makes the computer-based IELTS a fairly limited offering. The majority of IELTS test-takers aren’t immigrating to the UK, but are instead applying for university study. Moreover, most UKVI candidates don’t take IELTS Academic. Instead, they take the IELTS General Training test, which is not offered on computer.

Ultimately, the computer-based IELTS is limited to medical professionals and a few other classes of skilled immigrants who take IELTS Academic as part of their UK visa requirement. And even then, such individuals can only take the computer-based IELTS in a select handful of countries, most of which are in Asia.
Book your IELTS Test 2019 with IELTS IDP INDIA - Don't Delay - Click here