Nowadays schoolchildren and students are taught to be competitive towards their classmates and aren’t encouraged to help

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
AngelM

Nowadays schoolchildren and students are taught to be competitive towards their classmates and aren’t encouraged to help

Post by AngelM »

It is undeniable fact that in this success oriented world being competitive is taken to be as one of the great asset and this trend is leaving its impact on educational sector as well where children are being taught to be competitive with their fellow students .i firmly believe that its drawbacks outweigh its positive impacts .
Admittedly , it hold certain advantages . The first and foremost one is that they are becoming capable enough to beat this practical -oriented era where everyone is in rat race to achieve higher than another person . Secondly , the standard of living is also increasing and it is achievable only if students will focus more on themselves or in simple words being self centred is the one of the easiest solution left .
Apart from its advantages , this competitivness is creating differences among the pupils and ruining the care free period of their life . This can even take a dangerous turn and students can even harm their fellow classmates . Recent reports by the educational department of india suggested that 3 out of every 20 students try to bring the intelligent children down by harming them physically . This is ultimately giving rise to crime among younger sector of society
To sum up , its disadvantges outweighing the advantages and children can learn better when they are sharing their knowledge with others . Moreover it will also help in creating cordial relationship among them

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Nowadays schoolchildren and students are taught to be competitive towards their classmates and aren’t encouraged to

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

As soon as I see the word 'undeniable', I know an essay is going to be fun!

Are children taught to be competitive with other children? Which country are you talking about? And if it's such a drawback, why is it considered to be a "great asset"?

What is a "practical oriented era"?

How does the standard of living fit into this?

Overall, a weak essay. Some points are unclear and all points are poorly developed.

All the best,
David