please help me check it, thanks a lot .

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
henryhai221

please help me check it, thanks a lot .

Post by henryhai221 »

In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

Some people believe that in many countries , teenagers should be taken a gap year for working or traveling before going to tertiary schools . While they could gain a variety of benefits by doing kind of this scheme , there are drawbacks for young people who choose to do this.

There are several reasons why I would agree to take a break . Firstly , teenagers could be perceived value experiences which you are not studied at school and enhance their soft-skills . In addition , traveling also help them to explore new cultures as well as exclusive architectures which is not exist in their country . For example , i have visited to Japan for 3 months and I have a chance to see Japanese living and cultures are radically different from Vietnam so I have learned lots of things from that trip .
Secondly , young people would have more time to clarify their future and choose appropriate job .
It is easier for them to definite what they actually want to do for almost adults life .

On the other hand , there are undoubtedly disadvantages for taking a year off . By wasting twelve months on working or traveling instead of studying at university , a graduated process of teenagers is slower than that of their peers. Moreover , there are more job opportunities for people who graduated ealier than others and it is faster to them for getting a promotion . As a result , taking a gap year could be extremely negative aspect for high school leavers .

In conclusion , there are pros and cons of traveling or working for a year before getting a higher education.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: please help me check it, thanks a lot .

Post by Flick »

henryhai221 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:37 am In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

Some people believe that in many countries, teenagers should take a gap year for working or traveling before entering tertiary education. While there are a variety of benefits to this, there are also drawbacks. This essay will discuss the pros and cons before coming to a reasoned conclusion.

There are several reasons why I would agree to take a break. Firstly, teenagers could be perceived value experiences which you are not studied at school and enhance their soft-skills .(<--I don't understand this sentence.) In addition, traveling also helps them to explore new cultures as well as see things which do not exist in their country. For example, I visited Japan for 3 months and had the chance to see Japanese life and culture, which are radically different from Vietnam, so I learned lots of things from that trip. Secondly, a gap year gives young people more time to think about their future and choose an appropriate career. It is easier for them to definite what they actually want to do for almost adults life .(<--Delete this sentence. It is the same as the previous sentence.)

On the other hand, there are undoubtedly disadvantages to taking a year off. By wasting twelve months on working or traveling instead of studying at university, a graduated process(<--What is 'a graduated process'?) of teenagers is slower than that of their peers. Moreover, there are more job opportunities for people who graduate ealier than others, andthey may get promoted faster, as well. As a result, taking a gap year could be extremely negative for high school leavers.

In conclusion, there are pros and cons of traveling or working for a year before getting a higher education.(What is your opinion? Do you think it is better to take a gap year or not?)