Attachments
twins.mp3
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Twins

Post by lmoore »

This speech was full of interesting information about your experience with twins. I thought your vocabulary was sophisticated (subtle distinction between them, comprehensively different, stems from the fact that). You also used “also” as a transition word, which was good.

In the future, consider using different transition words in addition to “also.” You used that one a few times. You also repeated some of the same phrases, which made you sound less sure of yourself. I think you were trying to find the right words to use or how to arrange the words correctly in a sentence.

You might try slowing down some when you speak to help increase your overall fluency. It would cut down on the number of “uhs” and pauses, as well as on the number of times you repeat the same word or phrase.

Here are a few sentence/expression notes:

The rate of twins is becoming increasingly – Increasingly what? Increasingly is an adverb that requires an adjective after it. You might say, “The rate of twins is becoming increasingly common.”
People sometimes make difficult to know which one is – People sometimes have a difficult time telling which one is which.
People cannot differentiate any differences between them. – People cannot differentiate between them. Avoid using differences with differentiate as they sound too much alike.
I face some of them – I see some of them (at the grocery store).
This kinds of people – THESE kinds of people
Quite taller – quite tall
The genetics of them is the same. – This could be simplified to, “Their genetics are the same.”

Nice work. Keep practicing. Your dedication will pay off in the end.