pls kindly check and grade my essay. thank you!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls kindly check and grade my essay. thank you!

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Individuals can do nothing to improve the environment, only governments and large companies can make a difference. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the present age, the proliferation of the pollution problem is profoundly detrimental influence upon the world. Some people argue that only governments and big organizations can improve this issue. While there are certainly arguments to the contrary, I personally believe that the governments and companies are able to mend the contamination matter efficiently. The reasons for this are twofold.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that the government can implement stringent laws in order to protect the surroundings. For instance, it can apply harsh measures to the factories restrict them to emit pollutant air or water. This makes it clear, through the stiff measures can reduce the pollution issue. As this shows, the government can mend the neighborhood by introducing the severe laws.

Secondly and equally important, large-scale institutions can promote green products to shape consumers’ consuming habits. As the customers’ changing consumption behaviors can benefit to the environment. To illustrate, they can create biodegradable household cleaners, soaps as well as laundry soaps. Thus, the large firms can deliberately attempt to shape their future consuming habits that are good for protecting surroundings. It is obvious from this that they have a considerable ability to improve our environment by shaping individuals’ consumption behaviors.

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm that the contribution of the governments and the biggest organizations can assist to meliorate the environment. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for them to continuously apply more strategies to protect the world.
allen_zhang

Re: pls kindly check and grade my essay. thank you!

Post by allen_zhang »

Individuals can do nothing to improve the environment, only governments and large companies can make a difference. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the present age, the proliferation of the pollution problem is of a ( or replace "is of a" with "has a") profoundly detrimental influence upon the world. Some people argue that only governments and big organizations can improve this issue. While there are certainly (certain) arguments to the contrary personally believe that the governments and companies are able to mend the contamination matter(you tried too much to avoid repetition, but I don't think contamination is proper here) efficiently. The reasons for this are twofold.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that the government can implement stringent laws in order to protect the surroundings. For instance, it can apply harsh measures to the factories(to) restrict them to emit pollutant(pollutant is a noun) air or water. This makes it clear, through(remove through) the stiff measures can reduce the pollution issue. As this shows, the government can mend the neighborhood (mend the neighborhood? )by introducing the(remove the) severe laws.

Secondly and equally important, large-scale institutions can promote green products to shape consumers’ consuming habits. As(remove as) the customers’ changing consumption behaviors can benefit to(remove to) the environment. To illustrate, they can create biodegradable household cleaners, soaps as well as laundry soaps.(bad examples)Thus, the large firms can deliberately attempt to shape their future consuming habits that are good for protecting surroundings. It is obvious from this(remove "from this") that they have a considerable ability to improve our environment by shaping individuals’ consumption behaviors

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm that the contribution of the governments and the biggest organizations can assist to meliorate the environment. Also, I believe that it seems(-->is) highly advisable for them to continuously apply more strategies to protect the world.

Generally, since the question is: only governments and large companies can make a difference, I would not support this opinion.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5