5-Apr-2014 IELTS General Writing Topics

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
nitmanit02

5-Apr-2014 IELTS General Writing Topics

Post by nitmanit02 »

Hi Ryan,
First of all, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart to help me in improve my writing skills through your blogs and videos.

I appeared for my IELTS test today (5th April 2014) in Pune, India, and wanted to share the topics till they are fresh in my mind. I believe, these topics will help your students.
As per my analysis, I think I would get a 7 or 7.5 in the Writing Task (I will let you know the correct result)
I will be appearing for my Speaking test on 8th April. Please wish me luck :)

Anyways, here are the topics (though, I am unable to remember the exact sentences)

TASK 1:
As one of your colleague is leaving the job, your manager has asked you to arrange a leaving party for him.

- Suggest a suitable day and time for the party
- Recommend a venue/place
- Dicsuss about the food and entertainment options available

TASK 2:
Some people believe that travelling alone really benefits in learning a country's culture and experience, while others believe it is better to travel with someone you know.

Discuss both these views and share your opinion.

Thanks,
Nitin Patel
Ryan

Re: 5-Apr-2014 IELTS General Writing Topics

Post by Ryan »

Thank you for sharing this info, Nitin.
nitmanit02 wrote:As per my analysis, I think I would get a 7 or 7.5 in the Writing Task
I hoping to hear good news. 8-) Very happy to hear you feel confident about your performance!
Nish89

Re: 5-Apr-2014 IELTS General Writing Topics

Post by Nish89 »

Hi Nitin,
Thanks for sharing this.
Where in Pune, is the test held ? I too will be appearing on 24th ....quite nervous.
Cheers,
Nisreen