Space exploration.mp3
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 229 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Space exploration

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Muxtar,

Your response was well though out, and I appreciate your posting your response to this interesting set of questions here.

Here are some ideas for improvement:
1.) Vocabulary - While your vocabulary is good in general, you want to be careful with the words you choose. You say "nonterrestrial" a couple of times, but, in my opinion, "extraterrestrial" would be the correct word. It doesn't just mean aliens, but also "outside of earth."
2.) Expressions - You say, "I don't think so much," but you want to say just, "I don't think so," or "I don't think that." Also, I wasn't quite sure what you meant when you said, "to reduce the poverty of some sort of things."
3.) Pronunciation - I found much of your recording difficult to understand, mostly as you are not close to the microphone, and there is background noise from time to time. However, your pronunciation was also difficult to understand. I noted that you said, "galAXy," instead of putting the emphasis on the first syllable, which would make the word sound like, "GALaxy."
4.) Plurals - The word "spacecraft" is singular, not plural. You said, "spacecrafts" a couple of times. You could also have chosen spaceships or rockets to avoid saying spacecraft more than once.

Thank you for your work, and best wishes!