Please evaluate my WT2.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
gd1234

Please evaluate my WT2.

Post by gd1234 »

Due to development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities.

To what extent do you agree?

Supermarkets with their deep pockets and large scales are offering prices, with which the small business can not compete and are forced to shut down. Some people see this as an adverse effect on the local community. I do not agree with the statement.

Small business creates jobs for the local community in which they operate and thus provide a platform for people to know each other and work together. This does not imply that a community should not connect if the economic cause is not involved. People can connect with others at religious gatherings. For example, many Christians go to church for prayer every weekend and that can be a place for social interactions. People, who are not religious, may meet other people in local gatherings on special occasions like festivals. For example, Hindus in an area usually come together and celebrate festivals like Diwali together. Sportsperson can meet other sports person in sports center and so on.

While supermarkets are forcing the mom and pop stores to close down, they still need to hire locally to efficiently run their business and thus they still provide some sort of channel for people to connect. Supermarkets and big business, usually have some social corporate responsibility by which they contribute to the betterment of communities. For example, Snapdeal.com, a large Indian e-commerce company has adopted a village and are taking responsibility for the development of that village.

In conclusion, economic factors determine the sustainability of a business and we should not relate it to the social growth of a community. Although, the small business may enable people to connect but in a healthy community they are not the only platform. On the other hand, while nig business takes away one opportunity from people to come together, they also give back to the community in other aspects.
saqibali

Re: Please evaluate my WT2.

Post by saqibali »

The essay topic is not addressed
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
gd1234

Post by gd1234 »

saqibali wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:17 pm The essay topic is not addressed
Thanks for evaluating my writing.

Can you eplain, how can I connect closure of small business with death of local communities?
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

gd1234 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:41 pm Due to development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities.

To what extent do you agree?

Supermarkets with their deep pockets and large scales are offering prices, with which the small business can not compete and are forced to shut down. Some people see this as an adverse effect on the local community. I do not agree with the statement.

Supermarkets with their bid pockets and large scale offers are in position to offer reduced priced products to their buyers. This trend has affected the local business negatively. Some people believe that the small enterprises are the main backbones of operating the location societies and their possible closure might disappear the local communities. It it argued that the swipe of small businesses will not disturb liveliness of our local communities as their interactions are majorly dependent on social and religious festivals. See how I summarized below two discussion topics and how I liked them here

Small business creates jobs for the local community in which they operate and thus provide a platform for people to know each other and work together. This does not imply that a community should not (would not be connected)connect if the economic cause is not involved. People can connect with others at religious gatherings I believe religious gathering are the main source of social interactions of local communities.. For example, many Christians go to church for prayer every weekend and that can be a place for social interactions. People, who are not religious, may meet other people in local gatherings on special occasions like festivals. For example, Hindus in an area usually come together and celebrate festivals like Diwali together. Sportsperson can meet other sports person in sports center and so on.

While supermarkets are forcing the mom and pop stores to close down, they still need to hire locally to efficiently run their business and thus they still provide some sort of channel for people to connect. Supermarkets and big business, usually have some social corporate responsibility by which they contribute to the betterment of communities. For example, Snapdeal.com, a large Indian e-commerce company has adopted a village and are taking responsibility for the development of that village. This paragraph need to be a bit longer and equal sizr as the above one

In conclusion, economic factors determine the sustainability of a business and we should not relate it to the social growth of a community..This is not summary of above two paragraphs.. Although, the small business may enable people to connect but in a healthy community they are not the only platform. On the other hand, while nig business takes away one opportunity from people to come together, they also give back to the community in other aspects. This sentence is again out of context. No need for this sentence. You should give me prediction
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

I suggest you check some videos of Ryan and practice some essays. This practice will engrave a structure in your mind.

Secondly, as you write, rewrite the essay topic and your previously written context again and again. This would help you to be on track.

Also plan well before you start writing.
gd1234

Post by gd1234 »

saqibali wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:30 am I suggest you check some videos of Ryan and practice some essays. This practice will engrave a structure in your mind.

Secondly, as you write, rewrite the essay topic and your previously written context again and again. This would help you to be on track.

Also plan well before you start writing.
Question is not addressed ;)

I suggest you check some videos of Ryan :D