T2 help is highly appreciated

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Shokir

T2 help is highly appreciated

Post by Shokir »

Universities should accept equal number of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

These days, a point that suggests universities to accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject is blowing everyone’s minds. However, I own two arguments that impel me to disagree with this belief.
On one hand, effective study of the subject is far more regardless of how many males or females attend in lectures. Such a rule that claims to have as many boys as girls in universities hardly will heighten the quality of studying. On the contrary, it may deteriorate the condition. Because everyone has his or her own interests. Boys tend to choose exact sciences whereas, girls tend to prefer liberal arts. Such hypothesis like accepting equal numbers of male and female students undoubtedly restrict one’s liberty to choose.
I believe, on the other hand, taking equal number of students in particular subjects would be improper preparation of individuals to the real life. Because employers do not hire you according to percentage of men or women. The main and crucial thing for them is your professional skills, not your sex and more importantly, they do not consider whether your group had equal number of boys and girls or not while they examine you.
Though, in a way of conclusion, I vote against the theory of accepting equal numbers of male and female students. Because it will neither promote studying process, nor assist while getting a job.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: T2 help is highly appreciated

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

It's not blowing my mind.

The argument in the first main paragraph is unclear/invalid. If few male/female students choose a subject, this will be reflected in fewer female/male students being accepted also, to keep numbers equal. However, the last sentence is true.

As for the second main paragraph, it might be wise to say exactly which countries you are talking about. Your assertion that employers do not care about your gender is not generally true, e.g. any Islamic country.

Your points are not clearly stated and your use of vocabulary and grammar needs to be much more precise.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: T2 help is highly appreciated

Post by Flick »

Shokir wrote:Universities should accept equal number of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

These days, a point that suggests universities to accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject is blowing everyone’s minds. However, there are two arguments that impel me to disagree with this belief.

On one hand, effective study of the subject is far more regardless of how many males or females attend in lectures.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) Such a rule that claims to have as many boys as girls in universities hardly will heighten the quality of studying.(<--Reword to: "Setting a rule that there must be an equal number of males and females attending university will not improve the quality of the education.") On the contrary, it may deteriorate the quality because everyone has his or her own interests. Boys tend to choose sciences whereas girls tend to prefer liberal arts. Insisting on equal numbers of male and female students undoubtedly restricts one’s liberty to choose.

I believe, on the other hand, taking equal number of students in particular subjects would be improper preparation of individuals to the real life.(<--Reword to: "I believe that forcing an equal number of male and female students does not prepare them for the working life, because employers do not hire based on gender.") The main thing for them is your professional skills, not your sex and more importantly, they do not consider whether your group had an equal number of boys and girls or not while they interview you.

In conclusion, I vote against the theory of accepting equal numbers of male and female students because it will neither promote studying success, nor assist in getting a job.