Please evaluate the essay:)\

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
RAGI

Please evaluate the essay:)\

Post by RAGI »

Countries are increasingly moving towards free healthcare and education. Are the long term ramifications of government funded education and healthcare positive?

Nowadays, medical care and schooling being provided at no cost to the citizens by the nations. I think it has undeniably beneficial long term effects like enhancing literacy rate and providing a better quality of life to the people of the nation.
Firstly, availability of schooling at no price would increase the number of graduates passing out each year in the country. This step taken by most of the developed nations is a boon for its citizens; schools accept young ones from all sections of societies irrespective of their financial condition in an unbiased manner. To illustrate, in my country India, Kerala state has 100% literacy rate because of the free education provided to them. As one generation is educated it perpetuates learning to the future generations. Thus, this distinctly shows the positive side of government funded education.
Moreover, a strong country is build upon its efficient health care services. Medical care is one of the utmost requirements and it is government’s duty to make it accessible to all countrymen. In the future, it would give healthy adulthood and secured old age that would indirectly promote better work performance as people need not worry about the enormous medical bills for themselves as well as their families. For instance, in developed countries like the USA have health care policies for their citizens providing completely free medical care at times of illness. Therefore, people need not save money for the basic amenities and they could pursue their hobbies, skills with the money saved. Thus, the impact of free healthcare services is clearly positive and progressive.
To conclude, I strongly support the idea of absolutely free health and academic services by the ruling authority as it promotes number of educated individuals and healthy society.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please evaluate the essay:)\

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

As soon as I read the question statement, I thought - 'Challenge! Challenge! Challenge!' The question statement is completely false. The world is very clearly moving towards paid education and health services!

Introduction - At no cost??? So who pays??? Taxpayers, my friend!!! You seem to have totally forgotten about them!!!

First main paragraph - Schooling at not price? Taxpayers? University fees? In an unbiased manner? Most schools have criteria, e.g. where you live. Private schools generally select primarily according to the ability and willingness to pay. Kerala's literacy rate is 94%, but admittedly this does rise to close to 100% for school children.

Second main paragraph - The USA certainly does not provide free health care at all times to all people! The basic ideas in this paragraph are good, but the example is not.

Conclusion - I'm not disagreeing with your opinion (and if I did, so what?!) but if the solution is so obvious, why don't countries do it? Are there any drawbacks?

Overall, a mediocre essay. Points are not well developed and are usually simplistic. Grammatical accuracy is good, but range is limited as you tend to make assertions rather than considering the various conditions/situations involved. Similarly, vocabulary is good ,but not used to create a well-argued essay.

All the best,
David
RAGI

Post by RAGI »

thank you david:)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

RAGI wrote:Countries are increasingly moving towards free healthcare and education. Are the long term ramifications of government funded education and healthcare positive?

Nowadays, medical care and schooling is often provided at no cost to the citizens by the government. I think this has undeniably beneficial long term effects like enhancing literacy rate and providing a better quality of life to the people of the nation.

Firstly, the availability of schooling at no price would increase the number of graduates passing out each year. This step taken by most of the developed nations is a boon for its citizens; schools accept young ones from all sections of societies irrespective of their financial condition in an unbiased manner. To illustrate, in my country India, Kerala State has 100% literacy rate because of the free education provided to them. As one generation is educated it perpetuates learning to the future generations. Thus, this distinctly shows the positive side of government funded education.

Moreover, a strong country is built upon its efficient health care services. Medical care is one of the utmost requirements and it is the government’s duty to make it accessible to all citizens. In the future, it ensures healthy adults and indirectly promotes better work performance as people need not worry about enormous medical bills for themselves as well as their families. For instance, developed countries like the USA have health care policies for their citizens providing completely free medical care at times of illness. Therefore, people need not save money for the basic amenities and they could pursue their hobbies with the money saved. Thus, the impact of free healthcare services is clearly positive and progressive.

To conclude, I strongly support the idea of absolutely free health and academic services by the ruling authority as it promotes the number of educated individuals and a healthy society.