Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Shokir

Task 2

Post by Shokir »

When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

In our faster days, technologies are advancing in invariably quick rates. And most of us are scarcely keeping it up. This in turn, triggers elimination of conventional ways of living to which some people cling. However, I tend to disagree with these people. And below, I will explain why keeping outmoded skills alive is pointless.
The main reason, which diverges my attitude and position of outmoded life supporters, is that I consider those people as technophobes who are afraid of new changes. When a country develops its new technology, it paves the ways to promote its economy, industry and its population’s living costs at all. For example, mobile phones. People used to send messages with birds which took at least couple of weeks to get a respond. Nonetheless, sending and receiving messages with phones take few seconds only.
Another thing, which impels me to confront with people who endeavor to keep alive traditional skills, is their deterrence of development. For instance, technological advances in the form of agricultural machines undoubtedly prevail over primitive “hands on” methods. Moreover, it increases economic efficiency and reduces labors’ force.
All things considered, I always vote for the point of view that encourages advancement of the humanity lives. Though, my final is that it would be pointless to cling to old skills which deter you from development.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, quite good, but I think that you have missed some key examples of products that might be successful even though traditional methods are used in their production. These include certain high-end products and souvenirs for tourists, for instance.

Vocabulary is good. Grammatical range is a little limited as you tend to look at the issue in a simpler way. Accuracy is reasonable. Be careful with word forms (respond, response).

Organisation is clear and you have used a variety of connectives well.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2

Post by Flick »

Shokir wrote:When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

Nowadays, technologies are advancing at invariably quick rates. And most of us are scarcely keeping up. This in turn, triggers the elimination of conventional ways of living to which some people cling. However, I tend to disagree with these people.(<--What people? What are you disagreeing with?) This essay will explain why keeping outmoded skills alive is pointless.

The main reason why I disagree with those who prefer to avoid technology and embrace a simple life, is that I consider those people as technophobes who are afraid of new changes. When a country develops a new technology, it paves the way to improve its economy, industry and its population’s living costs. For example, mobile phones. People used to send messages with birds which took at least a couple of weeks to get a response. Nonetheless, sending and receiving messages with phones takes few seconds only.

Another thing which impels me to confront people who endeavor to keep alive traditional skills, is their deterrence of development. For instance, technological advances in the form of agricultural machines undoubtedly prevail over primitive “hands on” methods. Moreover, it increases economic efficiency and reduces the amount of manual labor needed.

All things considered, I always vote for the point of view that encourages advancement of humanity. I believe that it would be pointless to cling to old skills which deter you from development.