Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Task 2

Post by Aky »

Task 2
Some people believe that sport is an essential part of school life for children, while others feel it should be purely optional. Discuss these opposing views and give your own opinion.
My answer:

The issue of whether sport should be taught as a subject in schools or not is certainly controversial topic today. There are valid views on both sides, which I will consider.

On the one hand, those who are in favor of sport say that sport plays a pivotal role to prevent in areas such as obesity and heath problems. Furthermore, it is often said that sport is one of best ways to keep in shape and teach to be physically active. When children spend time on doing sports – ranging from football and swimming to running and cycling, they are encouraged to study other subjects. Finally, despite argument of some people that school children are bored with academic subjects and want to relax mentally. Admittedly, sport can create atmosphere that children needed.

On the other hand, some people feel that sport is a useless subject in terms of spending time on it, this means that it would be better and bring benefits for offspring in areas such as core subjects and extra hour lessons. Children, for example, spend time on studying mathematics or English rather than sport, it would be effective form of approaches to pass with a high score in these subjects which are major for them. Moreover, some say that sport is not always a useful subject of schools. In terms of injuring and damaging from sport school children should not be forced to take part in.

To sum up, sport would be one of the options to keep offspring in balance. Some say that sport causes a damage and uses up much time to recover. Nevertheless, it is my personal conviction that the benefits of sport far outweigh its drawbacks.
245 words
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, reasonable. You should develop the arguments more and be careful with grammar. Also, try not to generalise too much and give some specific situations where sport may or may not be suitable for school children. Vocabulary and organisation are good.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2

Post by Flick »

Aky wrote:Task 2
Some people believe that sport is an essential part of school life for children, while others feel it should be purely optional. Discuss these opposing views and give your own opinion.
My answer:

The issue of whether sport should be taught as a subject in schools or not is certainly a controversial topic today. There are valid views on both sides, which I will consider.

On the one hand, those who are in favor of sport say that sport plays a pivotal role in preventing health problems such as obesity. Furthermore, it is often said that sport is one of best ways to keep in shape and learn to be physically active. When children spend time playing sports, ranging from football and swimming to running and cycling, they are encouraged to study other subjects.(<--I don't understand this sentence. How does playing sport encourage children to study other subjects?) Some people also argue that school children can become bored with academic subjects and want to relax mentally. Admittedly, sport can create an atmosphere that children need.

On the other hand, some people feel that sport is a useless subject in terms of spending time on it. This means that it would be better and more beneficial for children to focus on areas such as core subjects and extra lessons. Children should, for example, spend time studying mathematics or English rather than sport, it would be effective form of approaches to pass with a high score in these subjects which are major for them.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) Moreover, some say that sport is not always a useful subject in school. Due to the risk of injuries and damage from sport, school children should not be forced to take part.

To sum up, sport is one of the options to keep offspring in balance.(<--What do you mean 'in balance'?) Some say that sport causes damage and uses up much time to recover. Nevertheless, it is my personal conviction that the benefits of sport far outweigh its drawbacks.
245 words