Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Task 2

Post by Aky »

By investing in tourism we can earn a lot of revenue and growth in national economy. At the same time it destroys the local culture. What is your opinion?" Give your opinion in no less than 250 words.
My response:

The last fifty years have seen a dramatic increase in the development of tourism in many parts of the world. However, there remains some disagreement as to whether the overall effects of this the tourism industry has been positive or negative. For those on the right who agree with tourism is one of the options to boost economic profits for the country. For those on the left who are in favor of drawbacks of tourism which far outweigh advantages. Yet, it is my personal conviction that with establishing tourist attraction place, the country will have benefits and merits. Two of the primary advantages associated with this trend are as follows.

On the one hand, one point which I believe to be absolutely pivotal is the fact that tourism is the only the way to run business in fact the countries which have historic places or antique buildings are always immensely popular worldwide. Year by year hundreds of thousands of visitors have been attempting to see these attractions and then the host countries might show off their culture with various bands in the streets. Furthermore, the vast majority of tourists are more attracted by the local people’s hand made productions which range from souvenir to unusual but vintage clothes. Admittedly, this will bring benefits to the ordinary people of local and it would be as a way to export by staying in a little shops.

Conversely, in the modern age of one country or society is open for all to observe and take part in. When in coming visitors get in touch of a local culture they do not destroy it but it is understandable that tourist leave a bit of their own culture identity in the place they have visited. Owing to the tourist industry, one serous problem remains unsolved, it is an environmental pollution. Since they have been throwing away rubbish to anywhere rather than bins, in many places and countries a high number of tourists have not been allowed to come by local people.

In conclusion, I reaffirm my position that tourism is business to maximize economy. Nevertheless, tourism is the source of cultural and environmental destruction too…

(326 words)

David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This essay is quite simple in terms of ideas, but it is not bad. The introduction is too long - almost as long as the main paragraphs. I'm not sure that the vast majority of tourists are mainly attracted by handicrafts, but some certainly are.

The litter issue is often raised, but I often suspect that local people create at least as much as tourists.

Grammar is a little limited in range. You don't distinguish between different people and situations.

All the best,
David
Aky

Post by Aky »

OK Can You assess this essay in order to get my current score ??????????
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Aky wrote:By investing in tourism we can earn a lot of revenue and growth in national economy. At the same time it destroys the local culture. What is your opinion?" Give your opinion in no less than 250 words.
My response:

The last fifty years have seen a dramatic increase in the development of tourism in many parts of the world. However, there remains some disagreement as to whether the overall effects of the tourism industry have been positive or negative. Some people agree that tourism helps to boost economic profits for the country. Others believe the drawbacks of tourism far outweigh the advantages. Yet it is my personal conviction that by establishing tourist attractions, the country will experience many benefits. Two of the primary advantages associated with this trend are as follows.

On the one hand, one point which I believe to be absolutely pivotal is the fact that tourism is the only the way to run business in fact the countries which have historic places or antique buildings are always immensely popular worldwide.(<--I don't understand this sentence. Why is tourism the only way to run business? What business?) Year by year, hundreds of thousands of visitors want to see these attractions. This allows the host country to show off their culture in various ways. Furthermore, the vast majority of tourists are attracted to the local people’s handmade goods, which range from souvenirs to unusual but popular clothes. Admittedly, this will bring benefits to the ordinary local people, and it would be as a way to export by staying in a little shops.(<--I don't understand.)

Conversely, in the modern age of one country or society is open for all to observe and take part in.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) When tourists visit a local culture, they do not destroy it, but it is understandable that the tourist might leave a bit of their own cultural identity in the place they have visited. Owing to the tourist industry, one serious problem remains unsolved: environmental pollution. Since they throw away rubbish anywhere rather than bins, in many places and countries a high number of tourists have not been allowed to visit by local people.

In conclusion, I reaffirm my position that tourism is great for maximizing the economy. Nevertheless, tourism is the source of cultural and environmental destruction, too.

(326 words)
