GT Task 1. Many people dream of becoming a celebrity and of getting recognition of the public.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
VadimKlimenko

GT Task 1. Many people dream of becoming a celebrity and of getting recognition of the public.

Post by VadimKlimenko »

Dear IELTS mates, please give feedback for my Task 2 Essay. I would also appreciate if those of you who understand thoroughly IELTS writing band descriptors let me know what is probable band of this writing or give any other comments on the task response / coherence / lexical resources / grammatical range of the writing.

Being a celebrity - such as famous film star or sports personality - brings problems as well as benefits. Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Many people dream of becoming a celebrity and of getting recognition of the public. However, being a famous personality sometimes limits behaviour of a star. In this essay I will compare disadvantages and advantages of being famous person and demonstrate why I think the drawbacks of recognition prevail its benefits.

All famous people got used to the fact that their personal lives are scrutinized in newspapers or on TV shows. A popular artist can be sure that if he decides to divorce with the wife, his fans and haters would start to discuss the issue in the Internet before he talk about the matter with his spouse. For example, hundreds of articles about relations of Alla Pugacheva and Maxim Galkin appeared in newspapers and in the Internet long before they had decided to announce their relations. Thus famous artists or sportsmen should always behave as if they were on the spot because paparazzi restlessly spy on them.

It is required to admit that many people dream to get glory of being famous for personal self-esteem. For people who have passion to be recognized by their fans, regular attention from the public has the same importance as nutrition. But being a celebrity provides not only personal satisfaction, but might bring some tangible benefits. Famous persons easily develop their personal network with authorities or successful professionals. As it is widely admitted sustainability of one's success depends strongly on the human capital he or she has, i.e. powerful or knowledgeable people from that person's circle who could help. For example, Murad Dadashev, famous azerbaijan showman, easily got a loan approved in Bank Standard many years ago only because the whole management of the bank knew him.

Despite being a celebrity definitely brings some benefits in the form of support from people, it may turn one's personal life into a nightmare. I am convinced that lack of anonymity is significant drawback of recognition and it overweights the above mentioned advantages.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT Task 1. Many people dream of becoming a celebrity and of getting recognition of the public.

Post by Flick »

VadimKlimenko wrote:
Being a celebrity - such as famous film star or sports personality - brings problems as well as benefits. Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Many people dream of becoming a celebrity and of gaining public recognition. However, being a famous personality sometimes limits the behaviour of a star. In this essay, I will compare the disadvantages and advantages of being a famous person and demonstrate why I think the drawbacks of recognition outweigh the benefits.

All famous people get used to the fact that their personal lives are scrutinized in newspapers or on TV shows. A popular artist can be sure that if he decides to divorce his wife, his fans and detractors would start to discuss the issue on the Internet before he can talk about the matter with his spouse. For example, hundreds of articles about the relationship of Alla Pugacheva and Maxim Galkin appeared in newspapers and on the Internet long before they had decided to announce their relationship. Thus famous artists or sportsmen should always behave as if they are on the spot because paparazzi relentlessly spy on them.

Many people dream of becomng famous for personal self-esteem. For people who have passion to be recognized by their fans, regular attention from the public has the same importance as nutrition. But being a celebrity provides not only personal satisfaction, but might bring some tangible benefits. Famous persons easily develop their personal network with authorities or successful professionals. As it is widely acknowledged, the sustainability of one's success depends strongly on the human capital he or she has, i.e. powerful or knowledgeable people from that person's circle who could help. For example, Murad Dadashev, a famous Azerbaijan showman, easily got a loan approved from Bank Standard many years ago simply because the whole management of the bank knew him.

Despite being a celebrity bringing some benefits in the form of support from people, it may turn one's personal life into a nightmare. I am convinced that the lack of anonymity is a significant drawback of recognition and it overweighs the above mentioned advantages.