GT Task 1. You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work ...

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
VadimKlimenko

GT Task 1. You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work ...

Post by VadimKlimenko »

Dear IELTS mates, please give feedback for my Task 1 General Training Letter. I would also appreciate if those of you who understand thoroughly IELTS writing band descriptors let me know what is probable band of this writing or give any other comments on the task response / coherence / lexical resources / grammatical range of the writing.

You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
explain why you want to take time off work
give details of the amount of time you need
suggest how your work could be covered while you are away.

Hope you are doing well. I want to inform you that I need about a week time off work for a personal reason.

Probably, you remember that several months ago I told that FinTech conference would be hold in London in September. As you know I am very passionate about entrepreneurship in FinTech. Yesterday I got an invitation to participate in the conference as a guest speaker, and I will be delighted to use this opportunity.

The conference is scheduled for September 11th - September 16th, but I want to travel to London couple of days in advance to prepare for the event. I have booked my flight already and plan to leave on September 9th. The return flight will be on September 17th.

I want to ensure you that all deadlines of our new project will be met because my duities could be fulfilled by Asad. I have discussed with him my travel plans to confirm that he will be in the office during my absence and will handle the project. I hope you do not mind my taking time off work for the mentioned dates. Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Sincerely,
Vadim.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: GT Task 1. You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work ...

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Another very good letter. Clear, very good range and accuracy (grammar and vocabulary). Minor mistakes do not interfere with meaning.

Well done!
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT Task 1. You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work ...

Post by Flick »

VadimKlimenko wrote: You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
explain why you want to take time off work
give details of the amount of time you need
suggest how your work could be covered while you are away.

Hope you are doing well. I want to inform you that I need about a week off work for a personal reason.

You may remember that several months ago I mentioned that the FinTech conference would be held in London in September. As you know, I am very passionate about entrepreneurship in FinTech. Yesterday I received an invitation to participate in the conference as a guest speaker, and I will be delighted to accept this opportunity.

The conference is scheduled for September 11th - September 16th, but I want to travel to London a couple of days in advance to prepare for the event. I have booked my flight already and plan to leave on September 9th. The return flight will be on September 17th.

I want to assure you that all deadlines of our new project will be met because my duties can be fulfilled by Asad. I have discussed with him my travel plans to confirm that he will be in the office during my absence and will handle the project. I hope you do not mind my taking time off work for the mentioned dates. Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Sincerely,
Vadim.