writing need grading

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
wmx870912

writing need grading

Post by wmx870912 »

Some people think government should build public libraries in every town. Others believe it is a waste of money because we can get information via internet at home. Discuss both views.

People have different views on whether public libraries should be replaced by the internet. Although this practice could save a considerate number of governments’ funds, I personally still believe this course of action might bring several negative impacts on individuals and the whole society.

Those who are in favour of replacing public libraries by the internet have argued that the construction of public libraries would cost a large amount of money, which might pose a fiscal burden on government’s limited budget, let alone the high maintenance and protection fee. Only by substituting the internet for those public facilities, can government have more chance to do some investment on other important sectors, such as education and medical service. In the meantime, under the background of information era, public library loses its popularity since most of information provided by the library can be obtained via the internet. Convenience has become the top propriety to the majority of people within such a fast-paced society. Therefore, people nowadays are more willing to search information via internet at home instead of visiting local libraries in person, which renders these facilities obsolete.

On the other hand, opponents have claimed that those public libraries should not be replaced since not everything is available on the internet. The amazing amount of useful information on the web has engendered the false assumption that everything can be found online. Actually, some of contemporary authors and publishers do not allow their work to be freely accessible over the internet, in light of this, the only way of accessing these information seems to be visiting the place where store them. Besides that, public library provides students with a quite place for studying. Some youngsters who lack sufficient self-discipline and are easily distracted by various forms of entertainment at home have claimed that the local libraries are the ideals places for them to finish their academic work after school.

In conclusion, I believe that not every town should build a library since most of information is available online. However, it would be unjustified to replace all of them by the internet, since some kind of information is only available in the libraries and they constitute ideal place for local students to study.

can anyone help me to amend my essay and tell me how many score i could get?? thx
durai

Re: writing need grading

Post by durai »

Hi WMX,

I think you misunderstood the question,

one point to argue : people believe that the government has to build public libraries in every town.

why ? people get habit of reading with concentration because with the internet people may deviated from the purpose of reading. a good place to store our legacies,

or libraries provide employment opportunities, sources that we can trust, different edition of books, many story books have pirated version so many writers affected form that.

other point: it is a waste of money because we can get information via internet at home

why? people nowadays have insufficient time, so less chance for them to go to library. instead they can spend the money to scrutinize the information available on the internet.

give examples..
I think when you start , you started with a wrong introduction that's why it changed your course.

Check the question two or three times before you start write , even before you think of ideas.

you essay is written well, but lacks task response, so if you do that well, then you might be landing in band 6 or 6.5
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7