GT Task 1. A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
VadimKlimenko

GT Task 1. A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Post by VadimKlimenko »

Dear IELTS mates, please give feedback for my Task 1 General Training Letter. I would also appreciate if those of you who understand thoroughly IELTS writing band descriptors let me know what is probable band of this writing or give any other comments on the task response / coherence / lexical resources / grammatical range of the writing.

====================================
A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
• give contact details for when you are away
• give instructions about how to care for your pet
• describe other household duties
Dear Shamil,

Thank you very much for confirming your readiness to take care of my house and dog. I really appreciate your help as it makes my trip much more comfortable.

Please be informed that I will be in London till June 15th and you can call my UK cell number. In the mid of June I plan to fly to Chicago, so please send me a message via whatsapp if you have any question then.

As I said earlier, it's required to walk with the dog, Sher, at least on early mornings and on evenings. You may take the dog to the small park near the Baku-Astrakhan friendship monument or to the boulevard if you have time for longer walk. The dog food is on the bottom shelf of the refrigirator. Please give no more than one can of the food per day to Sher. I also want to ask you to water all flowers twice per week. The only exception is the flower at the kitchen, which doesn't require water at all.In the case if you find any utility bill in the post-box, just place it on my table.

Thanks again for agreeing to help me with these duties. I will be happy to do the same for you when you go for your holidays to Rio.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: GT Task 1. A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Don't forget to add a closing salutation (e.g. Best wishes).

Task: Very good. All points covered and developed.
Coherence: Very good use of connectives. Clear organisation.
Vocabulary: Very good range with relevant details.
Grammar: Good range and very high level of accuracy.

Looking good!
David
VadimKlimenko

Re: GT Task 1. A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Post by VadimKlimenko »

David,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

VadimKlimenko wrote: ====================================
Dear Shamil,

Thank you very much for confirming your readiness to take care of my house and dog. I really appreciate your help as it makes my trip much more comfortable.

Please be informed that I will be in London till June 15th and you can call my UK cell number. In the middle of June I plan to fly to Chicago, so please send me a message via whatsapp if you have any questions then.

As I said earlier, it's required to walk with the dog, Sher, at least on early mornings and on evenings.(<--Reword to: :As I said earlier, my dog, Sher, needs to be walked in the morning and evening.") You may take the dog to the small park near the Baku-Astrakhan friendship monument or to the boulevard if you have time for a longer walk. The dog food is on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Please give Sher no more than one can of food per day. I also want to ask you to water all the flowers twice per week. The only exception is the flower in the kitchen, which doesn't require water at all. If you find any utility bills in the post-box, just place it on my table.

Thanks again for agreeing to help me with these duties. I will be happy to do the same for you when you go for your holidays to Rio.
DeepDeep

Post by DeepDeep »

Flick wrote:
VadimKlimenko wrote: ====================================
Dear Shamil,

Please be informed that I will be in London till June 15th and you can call my UK cell number. In the middle of June I plan to fly to Chicago, so please send me a message via whatsapp if you have any questions then.

As I said earlier, it's required to walk with the dog, Sher, at least on early mornings and on evenings.(<--Reword to: :As I said earlier, my dog, Sher, needs to be walked in the morning and evening.") You may take the dog to the small park near the Baku-Astrakhan friendship monument or to the boulevard if you have time for a longer walk. The dog food is on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Please give Sher no more than one can of food per day. I also want to ask you to water all the flowers twice per week. The only exception is the flower in the kitchen, which doesn't require water at all. If you find any utility bills in the post-box, just place it on my table.

Many Thanks!