General Task 1 - Missing item on a train

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vitor.rmachado

General Task 1 - Missing item on a train

Post by vitor.rmachado »

Question:

"You have lost an item of value in a train.
Write a letter to the railway company. In your letter
Describe the item;
Explain where and when you left it;
Say what action you would like the company to take."

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter in regard to an item that I missed inside a train of your company last week.

My name is Vitor Machado, and a week ago I made a journey from New York to California in the train number 304, that arrived at South Cali Station on Tuesday. I lost one highly valuable item inside the train, a cyan backpack with a black photographic camera manufactured by Nikon within. In the left side of the camera I wrote my name and mobile phone.

I believe I lost these items when the train arrived in California. I was sleeping in that moment, and I had to wake up and leave the train in a hurry, before it started to make the journey back to NY. I may have left the backpack on my seat, number 37, or perhaps it is inside the baggage cabin above my seat.

I would be grateful if you could find these items for me. I am a professional photographer, and my job requires this camera, otherwise I cannot work. Along with this letter I am sending my full address, so you can send it through the Courier. Please, find my item and send it to me as soon as possible, because I really need it. Never felt I so desperate.

Write me back in response when you find it.
I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Vitor Machado.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: General Task 1 - Missing item on a train

Post by Flick »

vitor.rmachado wrote:Question:

"You have lost an item of value in a train.
Write a letter to the railway company. In your letter
Describe the item;
Explain where and when you left it;
Say what action you would like the company to take."

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter in regard to an item that I lost on a train belonging to your company last week.

My name is Vitor Machado, and a week ago I made a journey from New York to California on train number 304, that arrived at South Cali Station on Tuesday. I lost one highly valuable item on the train, a cyan backpack with a black photographic camera manufactured by Nikon within. On the left side of the camera I wrote my name and mobile phone.

I believe I lost these items when the train arrived in California. I was sleeping when we arrived, and I had to wake up and leave the train in a hurry, before it started to make the journey back to NY. I may have left the backpack on my seat, number 37, or perhaps it is inside the baggage cabin above my seat.

I would be grateful if you could find these items for me. I am a professional photographer, and my job requires this camera, otherwise I cannot work. Along with this letter I am sending my full address, so you can return my item via courier. Please find my item and send it to me as soon as possible, because I really need it. Never felt I so desperate.(<--Delete this sentence.)

Write me back in response when you find it.(<--Delete this sentence.)
I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Vitor Machado.