pls grade me and give band score. thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls grade me and give band score. thanks

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Do the negative effects of watching TV outweigh the positive effects?

In the present age, watching TV is an indispensable part of our lives. But at the same time, controversy has arisen whether the negative effects of watching TV outweigh the positive effects. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, I personally believe that watching TV has profound detrimental influences upon the audience. The reasons for this are twofold.

Frist of all, it is an undeniable fact that there is a considerable amount of bogus or exaggerated information showing on the TV programs. For instance, the news of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, every day you can read different stories about it. This makes it clear that the media did not find out the truth before coverage of the news. This is one of the main reasons why I feel that the individuals watching TV will receive more negative effects than positive effects.

Secondly and even more importantly, the people watching TV indeed pose a threat to our health as it develops our sedentary lifestyles. To illustrate, people frequently spend most of their time sitting in front of the TV along with eating high fat and salt snacks and without doing exercise. Thus, these lifestyles create a serious risk of our health problems. After analyzing this, it is clear that the disadvantages of watching TV outweigh its advantages.

Following the analyzation of the false information as well as the risk of our health. It is clear that the drawbacks of watching TV far outweigh its virtue. Also, I believe that it seems advisable for the people do not spend too much time on watching TV.
allen_zhang

Re: pls grade me and give band score. thanks

Post by allen_zhang »

Just as usual, I tried to write my version.

Television has become an indispensable part of our modern life these days. However, it also raises some public concerns about its potential negative impacts to our lives. Personally, I think the benefits of television outweigh its drawbacks.

It is true that television has some negative effects to us. One of the major concerns about television is that television can be addictive to some people. Some people spend hours in front of television watching TV serials every day. This could be harmful to their mental and physical health. The consequence of this will be even worse while it comes to children because this can negatively affect their brain development. Another problem of television is related to its content. Violent and other unhealthy TV programs are on the increase these days. This could be misleading to the viewers, especially children.

On the other hand, television usually severs people in good ways. Firstly, people get information from television. Even in this day when the Internet has become extremely popular, television is still the most important source of breaking news for most people. Secondly, television is an entertaining terminal by which people can spend some quality leisure time. For example, watching sports games is a great pastime on weekend for many adults. Lastly, television can be educational to many people. Nowadays, there are plenty of educational TV channels available from which people can learn new knowledge. For instance, many children learn about wild animals and plants from National Geography.

To sum up, while I accept that television could be harmful to some people, I believe the overall benefits of television far outweigh its drawbacks.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
rairaichan0323

Post by rairaichan0323 »

hi allzen_zhang
do u have any idea for writing this essay? i cannot think any points to write :(

" Today, there are more images of disasters and violence in the media. what are the casuses and waht are your solutions?

thank you
durai

Post by durai »

Today, there are more images of disasters and violence in the media. what are the casuses and waht are your solutions?

they used the word media to check your level of understanding. here what they mean is what are the causes of disasters and violence among people, what solutions to reduce this or to clear this

you can take any violent activities: rape, murder, corruption, burglary, gambling,

causes:

people become materialistic and selfish .They want to acquire the things they want that leads to violence. explain in detail

example: you can take any politician , they do encroachment and often involve in fights with fellow people

solutions:

government should protect country with law and order.
it should not let the nation falling into anarchy.
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
rairaichan0323

Post by rairaichan0323 »

thank you Durai! that means the media is not pointing to newspaper, magazine etc. it means people or environment?? could you please grade my essay too! thank you!!

" Customers are faced with increasing amounts of advertising due to the competition among companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? And what measures can be taken to protect their interests? "

Do i need to write one paragraph for how the consumers are influenced by advertisements? and the formate in arguement ( topic, example, discussion and conclusion) OR just write it in few sentences?

and write one paragraph for the measurement ( topic, example, discussion and conclusion

" Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faces by young people in running the country. In your experience, what does the government need to do for supporting or helping young people? please identify those problems and give your idea or suggestion to solve the issue. "

when i check with these types questions, i often dont know how to answer ( arguement, discussion or causes and effext)? could you please teach me how to distinguish these types of question?

thank you