Task2 writing - really appreciate your comments to improve

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
anoops911

Task2 writing - really appreciate your comments to improve

Post by anoops911 »

It is generally believed that the Internet is an excellent means of communication but some people suggest that it may not be the best place to find information.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Agree

The world is getting connected at blistering pace as technology become more mature. Therefore, it is becoming very easy to communicate with anyone across vast distances at a click of a button. However, it is skeptical to some individuals that the internet is the only place to find the right information. This essay will discuss both sides before drawing a logical conclusion.

On one hand, internet is not only having vast amount of information but also makes it easy to find them. Let us look at an example to find a good hotel to stay while going on a business tour. It is easy look up the hotel information, location and the rates on portals such as booking.com. It saves a lot of time in getting the logistics required for the travel arranged in just few minutes. Thus, the internet makes interacting with the hotel and finding the right information with supporting reviews becomes easy. Therefore, internet is without doubt an excellent tool for faster communication.

However, there are several possible counters to this argument. Internet always does not provide the right information. For example, many websites review and comment that vitamin supplements are good for health. This is can be very misleading and sometimes vitamin supplements can have negative health impacts. Over and unnecessary intake of vitamins can sometime create breakouts and boils on your skin. Recently, people have legally won lawsuits because of the false information on the websites. Hence, internet cannot be the ultimate place to find all the information.

Although the above discussion reveals solid evidence for both sides of the argument, it is felt that the world wide web is not the only place for data. I believe internet should be used only as a place of first reference and then subsequently backed up with additional real life and practical trusted knowledge source of information.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task2 writing - really appreciate your comments to improve

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

I would like to agree with your conclusion - I hold the same opinion - but you have not made a good case. If vitamin supplements are not good, then you can easily find information about this on the internet (I did and it took me less than a minute).

Given that books, newspapers and other media can also all provide false information, why is the internet worse?

All the best,
David