Please assess my writing.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Radha muralidhar

Please assess my writing.

Post by Radha muralidhar »

Home schooling belongs to the past and it is unacceptable in the modern society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In recent years, due to competition among students many concerned parents want to enroll their children in one of the best schools which provides quality education. Therefore, only a handful of parents come forward to teach their wards at home either by themselves or arrange for a qualified tutor to make them get the best academic skills. I totally back up the argument and would throw some light in the following paragraphs why I think studying at school would be the best option rather than getting tutored by parents or private teachers at their residence.

First, schools always follow the syllabus prescribed by the board of education wherein students of different schools study the same subjects and read the same textbooks. In addition, examinations are also conducted at the same periods of the year giving rise to a uniformity among students. Thus, students get to read the best books and gain expertise in the subjects such a mathematics, science which would help them to study better when the reach the university lever. I feel when they are homeschooled ,most of the parents would not be religiously following the strict rules and regulations which schools usually do. In addition, if there are no examinations to test their progress, the students would take it easy and would not pay much attention in developing their academic skills.

Second, different teachers teach the students various subjects. Generally, those faculty members are not only well qualified but also good experienced professionals who tutor their pupils to excel in their subjects.
For example, only a skilled teachers ofmathematics can teach the students perfectly using their experience and knowledge when compared to a private tutor who would teach various subjects to the student at home. In such a situation, the parents should shell out some extra money and appoint more that two teachers who are specialized in various fields.

In conclusion, although some individuals who would prefer educating their children at their homes for their own good reasons, I firmly stick to my opinion that in today's developed world, studying at schools would be the best option because they would get systematic education under the umbrella of expert professionals.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please assess my writing.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Having just read the introduction, I think that you absolutely must say which country you are talking about. Home-schooling or tutoring is on the rise in many countries in Europe and Asia. As an English teacher, I know for a fact that in virtually every country there are parents who want their children taught extra classes.

The argument in the first main paragraph simply doesn't make sense. Home schooling by parents is frequently done by parents who are trained teachers. Tutoring is almost always taught by people who know their subjects well. What strict school rules and regulations do you mean? What do you mean by 'no examinations'? Besides, it is widely felt by experts that there are too many exams for kids nowadays.

In fact, teachers at schools frequently teach extra classes outside school too. This is true in every country I have worked in. So, you need to explain why a teacher would be good at school, then NOT good when they are being paid to teach outside school.

As you have failed to do this, the arguments simply don't make sense. Vocabulary is poorly used. Extreme words like perfectly do not help. Grammar is usually correct, but the limited range of structures does not allow for precise points to be made.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please assess my writing.

Post by Flick »

Radha muralidhar wrote:Home schooling belongs to the past and it is unacceptable in the modern society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In recent years, due to competition among students, many concerned parents want to enroll their children the best school providing quality education. Therefore, only a handful of parents decide to teach their children at home either by themselves or arrange for a qualified tutor to help them get the best academic skills. I totally back up the argument (<--what argument?) and would throw some light in the following paragraphs why I think studying at school would be the best option rather than getting tutored by parents or private teachers at their residence.(<--Reword to: "This essay will discuss why attending school is better than receiving private tutoring at home.")

First, schools always follow the syllabus prescribed by the Board of Education wherein students of different schools study the same subjects and read the same textbooks. In addition, examinations are also conducted at the same periods of the year, giving rise to a uniformity among students. Thus, students get to read the best books and gain expertise in subjects such as mathematics and science, which helps them to succeed at university level. I feel when they are home-schooled, most parents would not follow the strict rules and regulations which schools usually do. In addition, if there are no examinations to test their progress, the students would take it easy and would not pay much attention to developing their academic skills.

Second, different teachers teach the students various subjects. Generally, those faculty members are not only well qualified but also highly experienced professionals who tutor their pupils to excel in their subjects. For example, only a skilled teacher of mathematics can teach the students perfectly using their experience and knowledge when compared to a private tutor who would teach various subjects to the student at home. In such a situation, the parents should pay some extra money and appoint more than two teachers who are specialized in various fields.

In conclusion, although some individuals would prefer educating their children at home for their own good reasons, I firmly believe that in today's developed world, studying at school is the best option because the students receive a systematic education under the umbrella of expert professionals.