Please correct the grammar. Real Task 1 GT Exam Question From 09/01/2016 IELTS- Lost Items

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
EnglishLover

Please correct the grammar. Real Task 1 GT Exam Question From 09/01/2016 IELTS- Lost Items

Post by EnglishLover »

On a recent holiday you lost some valuable items. Writer a letter to the manager of the hotel you have stayed about lost items.
- Explain your stay
-Describe the items you lost
-Tell the management what you would like them to do

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing with regard to some belongings I lost during my holiday period.

I stayed at Novotel hotel, Sydney in room number 1059 from 13th to 20th December with my wife and daughter. In our short vacation we visited many places around the city and did shopping and sightseeing almost everyday. Since we were busy till the last day of the vacation, we forgot some of our accessories.

One of the items is a men's wristwatch made of sterling silver with a white face. It is a guess branded one, which I believe I left on the round table by the window. The other is a pair of heart shaped gold earrings with a blue stone in the middle of each that belongs to my wife and she is certain that it was left next to the sink in the bathroom.

I would like you to let the housekeeping staff know about these, as it is not even 48 hours since we left the premises. I am back in my home in Melbourne and it would be hard for me to pick them up. So I would like to request you to kindly post them to my home address at my cost if they were found.

I await your prompt response.
Yours Faithfully,
John Smith.

(200 words) How can I improve my writing in task one to reach Band 8 ?